Q. Is it safe to continue Ecospirin during delivery time?

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati
This is a premium question & answer published on May 12, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 23, 2020

I am 33 weeks pregnant. In my previous pregnancy, I had a c section at 33 weeks as my water broke. Presently, I am taking Aspirin tablets daily. My doctor prescribed it. But I have a doubt that will it cause excessive bleeding in my delivery? As I am near to delivery is it safe to take these tablets?

I am currently taking Ecospirin 150 mg, Diamet Metformin 500 mg, Orotate 3D, Folsafe D, Wysolone 5 mg, and Iron tablets.

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

I totally understand your concern, but please do not be stressed. All you need right now is to relax, keep calm, and take some rest.

Yes, Ecosporin is totally safe during pregnancy, and mostly your gynecologist will continue it until 36 weeks at least. But I would like to know the reason for starting Ecosporin and also the steroids ( Wysolone) because you have not mentioned it (could be related to previous pregnancy events which need to be known in detail). And also if you go into labor you can stop it then, the effect usually does not last more than a day, and the dose that is given in pregnancy is very low. So definitely there is not much risk of bleeding.

| 

Will irregular period affect my fertility?

Query: Hi doctor,I am having irregular periods since six months. My age is 25. My period lasts for only one or two days with brown blood discharge. My weight is 100 kg and height is 5'6".  Read Full »

I am bleeding during pregnancy. Should I discontinue Heparin injection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am eight weeks and six days pregnant and am currently on LMWH (Inj Innohep 40 mg) as tests prior to pregnancy indicated a positive ANA. I have a history of a previous mid-trimester miscarriage which was believed to be due to an incompetent cervix, and so have been on vaginal progest...  Read Full »

Which specialist would perform surgery of a galactocele?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife stopped breastfeeding our third child five months ago, after a lot of sucking difficulties and painful nipples. Because of that, her breasts plugged and did not empty properly. She has tried breast pump without any luck. She has now developed painful galactoceles on both her br...  Read Full »