Q. Will irregular period affect my fertility?

I am having irregular periods since six months. My age is 25. My period lasts for only one or two days with brown blood discharge. My weight is 100 kg and height is 5'6".

#

All these problems of periods are due to overweight. Your expected weight is around 55 kg to 60 kg.

It is easy to say just to reduce. But, it is quite impossible to reduce so much. Please put some effort to do it for at least 2 to 5 kg per month. It is a start.

Reduce all high calories diet and junk bakery food. But, you should not fast. Have regular exercise, especially for the middle segment of the body like aerobics or brisk walk.

All the fat in the body gets converted to hormones. You would have seen big men having breast as their fat is producing the female hormone. This hormone will affect the normal cycle of ovulation, and you will not get the periods regularly.

Your fat distribution will be mainly around mid-segment such as thighs, breast, back and hip, but not below knees and elbows. Also, there will be black discoloration behind the neck, side of breast and inner aspect of thighs.

Kindly get a scan to check polycystic ovaries. In the meantime, also check your empty stomach early morning, thyroid profile and serum prolactin. These hormones can also affect your periods and can be corrected.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

But before six months, I was having good four days of the period. This is the first time I am coming across this problem. Will it affect my fertility? Will it be difficult for me to get pregnant?

#

I understand your concern.

If I guess right, you were born a fat baby. That is when you will have so much overweight.

• Maybe if you had a sudden increase in weight recently, then do consider getting thyroid profile or prolactin as these hormones can vary suddenly and needs correction for regular ovulation.
  • Do not worry about pregnancy. Even if you reduce 5 kg, your pregnancy chance improves a lot.
  • As long as your periods are irregular ovulation will not be regular. But, once you reduce the weight, your periods will become regular and indirectly ovulation will be normal. You will stand a very good chance of pregnancy.

With reduced weight, pregnancy complications like bleeding, early abortions are reduced. Your pregnancy chances are same once that extra weight is shed.

| 

Are hair fall, skin infections, and overweight due to hypothyroidism?

Query: Hello doctor, I have hypothyroidism. With that, I am facing hair fall, skin infections, overweight, high cholesterol, and memory loss. Are all these happening because of thyroid or there are other factors involved? I am a firm believer in Ayurveda but can this be treated with Ayurveda permanently? ...  Read Full »

How to reduce weight through yoga?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old obese boy. My weight is 110 kg and I feel myself unfit. I want to start practicing yoga for weight loss. But, I do not know anything about yoga. I want to know, how to meditate and relax our body and mind?  Read Full »

How to consume Kalarchi Choornam to get rid of multiple ovarian cysts?

Query: Hi doctor, How to consume Kalarchi Choornam to completely get rid of multiple cysts in both ovaries. It is not pcod but countless multiple cysts on both ovaries. Please clarify, how much and how many times should I consume daily? And for how long? Is it fine to take the medicine during menstrual cy...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»