Q. I have itchy painful eczema in fingers. Please help.

Dr. Rabia

Eczema or fungus on right thumb and index, it looks like it is expanding and it leaves apparently dead skin behind which peels off. I have pictures for a better understanding. It itches none to moderately, it hurts slightly when applied pressure on. I am a driver.

#

From your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is more in favor of eczema but infected one. Do you use gloves while holding steering? It is not a fungal infection clinically. You have to apply combination ointment containing Betamethasone and Neomycin. The most important thing for eczema is to maintain moisture and hydration of the skin. For that you have to use Vaseline (petroleum jelly) 4 to 5 times a day. Take non-sedating antihistamine. You will get better.

Eczema.

Apply a combination of Betamethasone plus Neomycin ointment, Vaseline 4 to 5 times a day, take non-sedating antihistamine tablet.

Maintain hygiene of area, wash with soap and water, avoid using Dettol and other irritants, use cotton gloves.

|