Q. I have itchy painful eczema in fingers. Please help.

Dr. Rabia
Published on Jun 18, 2019

Eczema or fungus on right thumb and index, it looks like it is expanding and it leaves apparently dead skin behind which peels off. I have pictures for a better understanding. It itches none to moderately, it hurts slightly when applied pressure on. I am a driver.

Dr. Rabia

Dermatology
#

From your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it is more in favor of eczema but infected one. Do you use gloves while holding steering? It is not a fungal infection clinically. You have to apply combination ointment containing Betamethasone and Neomycin. The most important thing for eczema is to maintain moisture and hydration of the skin. For that you have to use Vaseline (petroleum jelly) 4 to 5 times a day. Take non-sedating antihistamine. You will get better.

Eczema.

Apply a combination of Betamethasone plus Neomycin ointment, Vaseline 4 to 5 times a day, take non-sedating antihistamine tablet.

Maintain hygiene of area, wash with soap and water, avoid using Dettol and other irritants, use cotton gloves.

My baby is suffering from eczema. Please suggest some treatment.

Query: Hi doctor, My 5 months old baby has pretty bad eczema. Just recently, he had a bad flare-up in which he was weeping from both legs, arms, hands and cheeks. For 80% of the day he is suffering with rash and seems to have no relief at all. He¬†scratches and cries continuously throughout the day and wak...  Read Full >>

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is atopic dermatitis. It has many causes. Most common is due to allergy to various dietary protein or external stimuli. We need to elicit the history properly and need to do investigations to delineate the cause. First we will do basic investigation then we will p...  Read Full

What should I do for eczema-like lesion on the face?

Query: Hello doctor, I just noticed that in my face near to mouth, I have something like eczema, but colorless. I checked on the net and it is like ringworm. I am very much worried. What should I do? I am currently on beta blockers. Last week when I had a blood test, my doctor advised me to take Iron suppl...  Read Full >>

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please put up some clear pictures of the affected area for proper evaluation and guidance. Thank you. Revert back with photographs to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full

General Measures Against Fungal Infection and Use of Antifungal Agents

Article Overview: This article discusses about the commonly used antifungal agents and general measures to prevent dermatophytosis (ringworm or tinea), which is very common during summer. Read Article

Antifungal agents are usually applied for two to three weeks twice daily. Over application can irritate sensitive and damaged skin. The following are the different antifungal agents that are used for various fungal infections. Imidazoles, which include Miconazole 2%, Clotrimazole 1...  Read Article