Egd

Why is my hemoglobin 5.4?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 33 years old, 6 feet and 3 inches tall, and my weight is 100 kg. My hemoglobin level is 5.4 g/dL, and platelet level is 1.38 lakh/mcL. I have attached the reports. Please help.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post and the investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have severe iron deficiency anemia, and your hemoglobin is less than six, which makes you a candidate to get admitted to the hospital. First, receive blood followed by...  Read Full »

I have been having chest discomfort. What could it be?

Query: Hi, I am a 31year old male. I was recently diagnosed with minor gastritis after EGD. I was having stomach problems but have recovered at present. Last two weeks I have been having some chest discomfort. ECG and other tests show normal heart function. Since two days, the chest sensations are more p...  Read Full »

Dr. Amit Arora

Cardiologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. Since you have mentioned that ECG and other tests came out to be normal, it is not associated with any cardiac abnormality. As you have a history of gastritis confirmed through EGD (Esophagogastroduodenoscopy), there is more possibility of association with acid reflu...  Read Full »

How to find out the reason for shortness of breath and extreme fatigue?

Query: Hi doctor, My mom, who is 76 years old, has a transferritin saturation level of 17. She has been scheduled for iron infusion therapy. She feels extremely fatigued, short of breath and arthritic pain. She cannot tolerate oral Iron. She has had iron infusions before, but do not last long. What to do? ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am trying to understand whether she has iron deficiency anemia or anemia of chronic disease or myelodysplastic syndrome. Did she ever get a bone marrow biopsy or hemoglobin electrophoresis? Can you share her latest complete blood count (CBC) before and after the inf...  Read Full »

How to identify the reason for abdominal bloating?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past one year or more I have been suffering from occasional severe abdominal bloating. But, for the last few months it has been all day. I have been tested for celiac disease and the result was negative. My stomach becomes so big and I cannot walk or when sit. I cannot see or clot...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vomiting blood is a red flag for gastritis, peptic ulcer or erosions in the stomach or duodenum. I would highly suggest you follow up with a gasteroenterologist personally for upper GI endoscopy. If possible get a colonoscopy with biopsy for celiac disease in blood tes...  Read Full »

Why do I have indigestion and vomiting since a month?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having indigestion and vomiting since one month. It is not frequent, but twice or thrice in a week. When I am having my dinner after eating half of the meals I feel some air in my stomach and suddenly vomit everything. I am having this issue in the morning too. When I wake up, I fee...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »