Q. Which one is better? Electric or manual toothbrush?

Dr. Tooba Qazi

My question is that some days ago, I changed my brush from regular brush to electronic toothbrush. It vibrates and clean teeth. Is it safe for my tooth? Can it harm my tooth if I use it for a long time? Which one is better? Traditional toothbrush or this type of electronic toothbrush?

#

Hey,

You did a good job. Buying an electronic toothbrush. It is more useful than a manual one in the following ways. It removes plaque from teeth in a better way with its vibratory motion. You do not have to be cautious about your motion techniques of brushing anymore. It covers all. Yes, it can harm your teeth if you do brushing more than 2 to 3 minutes at a time. That can cause abrasion on your teeth surfaces that wears off enamel but this damage due to long time brushing can happen with manual brushing too so it has nothing to do with a manual or electric toothbrush. You have to manage time and force to avoid abrasion. You can change the electric toothbrush after six months. You can see the difference yourself. Oral hygiene maintained with electric tooth brush would be far better than the normal one.

|