Q. Will using electric toothbrush make teeth even looser?

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Hey doctor,

I have bought an electric toothbrush because a dental hygienist said he would recommend it as I have gum disease. The bleeding has stopped tremendously after regular brushing and help from the dental hygiene. My question is, because I have a few loose teeth at the bottom, will using an electric toothbrush make them even looser? Just because of the power of it.

#

Yes, it will because it does not have the same control as your hand will do. Not till you keep it as controlled as possible but it is a mechanical device. It can make your teeth more mobile if the tooth mobility is more than grade one (that means you have a slightly loose tooth). If your teeth is much mobile it will cause damage. As per your history, you are having chronic periodontitis. You need to have regular oral prophylaxis after every three to four months. So that your loose teeth will tighten properly.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|