Regular Brushing

What is the best way of keeping the teeth healthy?

Query: Hello doctor, What is the best way of keeping my teeth healthy?  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Menon

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Prevention is always better than cure. Follow simple habits from a young age like brushing your teeth twice daily. Using mouthwashes and floss provides an added advantage. Try to avoid sticky foods as far as possible. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after every meal. Per...  Read Full »

Will the stability of braces get affected if I did not brush before treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, I am not really sick or anything, I just have a quick question. I put on my braces early this morning, but I did not have time to brush my teeth prior to putting them on. The orthodontist did place some chemicals on my teeth and washed it with water before putting the braces on. I am ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Narendeepak

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your concerns. Brushing your teeth will definitely improve your oral hygiene and reduces the food accumulation and plaque formation in later stages. If you are not comfortable brushing with braces on, I would advice you to opt for piksters or flo...  Read Full »

I have a hole in the gums where the wisdom tooth was extracted. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I had my wisdom tooth removed about two weeks ago and they had put dissolvable stitches. When I looked into my mouth today, the stitches are gone and there is a big hole there. Is that normal?  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Wisdom tooth removal is a surgical procedure that requires suturing. Suturing can be done with resorbable (dissolvable) or non-resorbable materials. Yours is the dissolvable type as you have mentioned. The advantages of this type of suturing are: They resorb on thei...  Read Full »

My Teeth Are Yellow.Is Scaling Only A Temporary Process To Clean The Teeth?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 19 years old. My teeth are yellow from childhood (from 10 years of age). A black layer is formed at the backside of teeth. When I see my teeth it seems very dirty and too much of creamy layer is formed on my teeth especially in lower canines and lower incisors. In the lower teeth...  Read Full »

Dr. Subha

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yellowing of teeth is mainly due to one of the following or a combination of these: Tartar or plaque deposits (soft yellowish deposits) on the teeth. Calculus deposits (calcified hard deposits) on the teeth. Fluorosis - internal discoloration of the teeth due to ...  Read Full »

Is it safe to use electric toothbrush than manual toothbrush?

Query: Hello doctor, My question is that some days ago, I changed my brush from regular brush to electronic toothbrush. It vibrates and clean teeth. Is it safe for my tooth? Can it harm my tooth if I use it for a long time? Which one is better? Traditional toothbrush or this type of electronic toothbrush?  Read Full »

Dr. Tooba Qazi

Dentist

Answer: Hey, Welcome to icliniq.com. You did a good job. Buying an electronic toothbrush. It is more useful than a manual one in the following ways. It removes plaque from teeth in a better way with its vibratory motion. You do not have to be cautious about your motion techniques of brushing anymore. It c...  Read Full »

How can we prevent tooth decay and say about the toxic things we touch everyday?

Query: Hi doctor, How can we prevent tooth decay? Please explain about the toxic things that we use every day and say a few words regarding healing tonics.  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Follow these steps to prevent tooth decay. Brush your teeth twice a day. Floss your teeth after each meal. Avoid eating sugary foods. Avoid having a tartar build up in the teeth. Avoid using artificial teeth whiteners. Take a vitamin-rich diet. The toxic things that we...  Read Full »

Kindly give your suggestion on vitamin supplements for a 15 months old.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 15 months old. Her weight is 8.2 kg and height is 80 cm. One of the Pediatricians suggested me to give two supplements to her as follows. Osteocalcium 5 mL per day, which contains Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12 and Calcium phosphate and JusDee 60K granules one sachet per month,...  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are child's weight is lower than normal for the age. Hope she does not have any health or developmental issues. The weight goes with her birth weight and nutrition. Height is good. So probably, I would expect either under nutrition or a delay in growth spurts. As f...  Read Full »

Why is Chlorhexidine mouthwash used only twice daily?

Query: Hello doctor, Why is Chlorhexidine mouthwash used only twice and not thrice daily?  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Chlorhexidine mouthwash is only used twice daily because of the following reasons:It has a property to stain teeth if we use it more. As we brush twice a day, which is recommended for every healthy person, and mouthwash works best after brushing teeth.Using mouthwash u...  Read Full »

My bottom teeth have receded. How can I fix this without a gum graft?

Query: Hello doctor, The dentist said I should get my bottom two front teeth looked at by a periodontal expert but I wanted to get a second opinion first. My bottom teeth have receded due to having a tongue ring previously. How can I fix this without doing a bridge and gum grafting? The doctor also said th...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and here is what I suggest you. It is not necessary to pull your teeth out but you need to have your tongue ring removed. The probable cause for your problem may be a mechanical recession by the tongue ring. The probable diagnosis can ...  Read Full »

I have developed multiple cavities in eight months though I brush well. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I am convinced that I have a lot of cavities. I was inspecting my teeth the other day and I have multiple points of concern and I am now afraid to get to the dentist. I have my six-month cleaning in days and I am anxious. I have two small smooth dots on two teeth on the side. Is this a...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The black dots would be the carious lesions. It does not matter if you take much care and do regular brushing, with time the carious lesions increase in the dental arch. You need to get it filled by a dentist as soon as possible. The multiple carious teeth happen becau...  Read Full »