Elisa Test

What kind of muscle pain is associated with ARS?

Query: Hi, I am a 31 year old male. About 38 days before I had sex with a CSW (Commercial Social Worker). It was protected vaginal sex and protected oral sex. Also there were deep throat kisses which lasted almost a minute. I am not sure if the condom was torn during the intercourse.  Since last 3 weeks ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sidharth Sonthalia

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Hair Transplant Surgeon, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi,  Welcome to icliniq.com. Based upon your history, my answer to your questions: 1. Are My Symptoms Related to ARS? Acute Retroviral Syndrome (ARS) typically begins 7-14 days after the exposure to a HIV positive patient, and may last for up to 3-4 months. The symptoms are typically "flu-l...  Read Full »

Is CMIA test accurate?

Query: Hello doctor, My doctor has recommended western blot for HIV-1 and HIV-2 as a screening test. The RIBA test was negative for HIV, after 16 weeks of exposure. I also had a negative CMIA test, after 12 weeks post exposure. Hepatitis and STD panel are also negative. Is a negative western blot 100 % ac...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Western blot is highly sensitive and specific test, which is run after a repeatedly reactive ELISA or HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) rapid test. Western blot test is not used as a diagnostic test in the absence of an initial positive screening test, due to the rar...  Read Full »

How reliable is the tri-dot test?

Query: Hi doctor, I was suffering from extreme fatigue last month, so I got a Widal test, which was positive. I have had typhoid many times earlier, and two years back I got hepatitis. Last month I got LFT and CBC tests, and I am attaching the reports. LFT was normal, while CBC shows lymphopenia and macro...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had seen the reports that you have attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity). In your CBC (complete blood count) reports, neutrophils are very high and lymphocytes count is low, which is suggestive of some acute infection in the body. Here, as the lymp...  Read Full »

Can complete blood count show HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, Will complete blood count test show HIV infection? Will the WBC be increased or decreased?  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.WBC (white blood cells) increase or decrease in the complete blood count can tell about a presence of infection, whether viral or bacterial, but it cannot specify which organism is causing it. In other words, increase or decrease in the counts can occur in numerous conditio...  Read Full »

What is the reason behind low platelets?

Query: Hello doctor, My platelets are usually on lower side ranging from 100000 to 120000 since last one month with no physical symptoms. All other tests are all right like LFT, TFT, and abdominal ultrasound, vitamin B12 is 206 while the iron is 90, urine is also clear. What can be the reason behind low p...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many causes of low platelet. Low platelet is known as thrombocytopenia. The causes include different types of hemolytic anemia, viral infection, dengue, ITP, uremia, kidney disease, etc. So I suggest you investigate as follow for primary workup: CBC to check f...  Read Full »

Are HIV-1 RNA and QL TMA tests for HIV conclusive?

Query: Hello doctor, I had two negative Gen-Probe Aptima RNA TMA test done the on the 8th day and 14th day of post exposure. I took a Duo Combo test on the 29th day. Has anyone seen these RNA tests after 14 days have become wrong?  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Dermatologist, Venereologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need not go for further testing as these tests are conclusive. For further information consult a HIV AIDS specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/HIV-AIDS-specialist  Read Full »

I am worried about HIV after getting a tattoo. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I received a tattoo recently. The artist used a new needle, a new tune and a new ink pot. The ink was poured directly into the ink pot from a larger bottle, and he throws the ink out after each tattoo. He did not clean the gun grip. He did clean my arm before the tattoo was applied and ag...  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  I have read your query in detail and do understand your concern. The conditions you have mentioned are not the risk factors for acquiring an HIV infection. The risk is there only if a drop of some HIV positive person's blood from the gun was transferred directly into yo...  Read Full »

How accurate is HIV 1 RNA test?

Query: Hello doctor, I have done RNA PCR test. The report showed that the target was not detected in the collected serum. HIV RNA was detected below, within and above the linear range of the assay. Can we conclude that the virus has entered into the body? After one week, I got western blot test also done....  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly mention the kind of exposure you had, whether it was protected, the duration since the exposure and the timing of the test you have undergone with respect to the exposure. Are you experiencing any symptoms since the exposure? Western blot is a second line test a...  Read Full »

Can you catch the flu from having intercourse?

Query: Hi doctor, I had sex with a girl I know. The condom broke while having sex. After 30 minutes, I started having the headache. I was distraught. I took the antibiotics. After two days, I had a cold. Can HIV symptoms appear this fast? Or it was because I took the antibiotics? Or I am just panicking?  Read Full »

Dr. Jyotisterna Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) symptoms cannot appear so soon. It may be due to an anxiety or just a coincidence. For further queries consult a dermatologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

HIV test was negative, but I am still worried. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, After 15 months of unprotected sex, I went for HIV test called Comb AIDS test but, the result came back negative for both HIV-1 and 2. Again after three months, I redid the test, but even this time, the result was negative. I was not satisfied, so I went for ELISA tes...  Read Full »

Dr. Ravinder Kaur Sachdeva

HIV AIDS Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The test kits used to diagnose HIV are highly sensitive and specific and gives accurate results. The majority of the people who are infected with HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) develop antibodies by three months, and even in the rare instances of late seroconversion...  Read Full »

All the answers published in the forum are given by leading doctors, therapists and health experts.