Q. Should my fiancee consume a contraceptive pill in case she misses her period?

Dr. Aparna M Sathawane
This is a premium question & answer published on May 29, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2020

My fiancee and I had sex this weekend. It was unprotected and I ejaculated inside. We had sex during her safe days. She is expecting her periods in a day or two. Can there be any chance of delay in her periods? Can she consume a contraceptive pill within 72 hours and avoid pregnancy? I have asked her to consume the pill tomorrow (60 hours after sex) in case she misses her periods. Please advise.

#

If she is getting regular 30 days period cycle and you had intercourse after the 20th day of her period then there are no chances of pregnancy. Also, no need to take any contraceptive pill as her periods are due in two to three days.

The period can delay because of stress and tension.

For further queries consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Thank you for the super quick reply. Yes, she is getting her regular 30 day period cycle. The intercourse was after the 20 day period. Thank you very much.

#

You are welcome.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|