Q. Will taking emergency contraceptive pills after unprotected sex cause any issues?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

I have had unprotected sex. I took Plan B (72 hours) pill almost right after, four hours later. I consulted with the pharmacist on the phone but she sounded careless and told me it was safe to use. I am too young. The main question is I do not know if I should even call this vaginal sex because he did not cum and we decided to call it off after three minutes because we were scared of the consequences. But I took the pills anyway, just in case. Can you help me?

#

Plan B is an emergency contraceptive to be taken in case of male ejaculation inside vagina. If you have already taken the medicine, nothing much can be done right now. I hope you have attained menarche, so then you should get your periods in the next two weeks. The next period might be a bit irregular due to the pill effect. If there was no ejaculation or pre-cum, there is no chance of pregnancy.

|