Q. Will taking emergency contraceptive pills after unprotected sex cause any issues?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta
Published on Feb 13, 2019

I have had unprotected sex. I took Plan B (72 hours) pill almost right after, four hours later. I consulted with the pharmacist on the phone but she sounded careless and told me it was safe to use. I am too young. The main question is I do not know if I should even call this vaginal sex because he did not cum and we decided to call it off after three minutes because we were scared of the consequences. But I took the pills anyway, just in case. Can you help me?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Plan B is an emergency contraceptive to be taken in case of male ejaculation inside vagina. If you have already taken the medicine, nothing much can be done right now. I hope you have attained menarche, so then you should get your periods in the next two weeks. The next period might be a bit irregular due to the pill effect. If there was no ejaculation or pre-cum, there is no chance of pregnancy.

| 

Can unprotected sex for a minute cause HIV?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex with an unknown woman hardly for a minute about a month back. After about four days, I got cold and a kind of sore throat, but not exactly sore throat. I got tested for HIV after 15 days and it came back negative. Now, for the past one week, I have a feeling of so...  Read Full »

After taking ECP, I am bleeding. Am I pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my periods on the 15th of last month, and I had sex on 25th. I took emergency contraceptive pills on the 26th. I am bleeding today. Am I pregnant?  Read Full »

Is unprotected sex on the fifth day of period safe?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex on the fifth day of my last periods and he pulled out on time. It has been 35 days and I have not got my periods. Is there any chance of getting pregnant?  Read Full »