Q. I have single lymph node enlargement. Is this due to cancer?

Answered by Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Enlarged Lymph Node or Complete Stool Examination? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have left supraclavicular lymph node enlargement of around 1 cm in size over four months. I have body pain and occasional low back pain. I have pain in areas such as shoulder, right groin, hand under the elbow and sometimes feel difficulties in chest. Only one lymph node got enlarged. My blood work is reported four times and is normal. I had an antibiotic course twice for two weeks. In these four months, though I was in stress I gained 12 pounds of weight.

I need your opinion on the following. Do all lymph nodes seen around or in left supraclavicular areas are more prone to cancer such as lymphoma, NHL or gastric cancer? What is the probability for that? How much is the size of the lymph node to be cancerous or worry about? Do you think I have lymphoma or Non-Hodgkin lymphoma? I am having pale skin, black stool, blood in stool and stomach swelling, is this due to the stomach or gastric cancer? Why my node is not growing in size? Everybody says the node related with lymphoma and NHL is persistent and one. Is that right?