Q. Kindly diagnose my condition based on the biopsy report done for enlarged lymph nodes.

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana
Hi! I had enlarged lymph nodes on both sides of the neck. I sought consult and had a neck dissection and biopsy. I believe i'm healthy.I dont feel anything except for the enlarged lymph nodes.It was noted in the result:
Histiocytic Necrotizing Lymphadenitis consider:
1.Kikuchi Fujimoto
2.Lupus Adenitis
Correlation with serum studies for SLE is suggested.

So what to do? I was advised to consult with Rheuma Doctor. I hope you can help me. Thank you so much.  

This is an Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the ad.

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

#

hello, Have gone through the details submitted

Localised painless cervical lymphadenopathy , Kikuchi's Lymphadenitis is a well known , though uncommon Idiopathic Lymphadenitis .Its a self limiting entity and will remit on its own

Its close Differential diagnosis is Lupus [SLE] Lymphadenitis , has to be ruled out

Any Joint pains ?

Any fever ? Any Myalgias , Fatigue ? Other region of lymph nodes like in arm pits , inguinal regions if enlarged , Just slide your fingers in these regions and see for any enlarged nodes ? Any Skin Rash ? any other systemic symptoms ?

If you have any of the above symptoms , You need to get Screened for SLE to rule it out ,ANA screening and them ANA profile

Else , stay cool , Dont even think about it , maintain good oral hygiene , Do warm water or salt water gargling frequently

If any of the above complaints appear positive , Do revert Get Peripheral Smear , ESR ,Seum LDH done along with above in case your symptoms increase

Take care Regards Dr Geeta

| 

I am being tested for antiphospholipid syndrome. What will the treatment be?

Query: Hi doctor, Following a DVT, my hematologist sent me for a blood test and it needs to be repeated again. According to the test request form, the request is 'antiphospholipid ab blood' and clinical details are 'previous VTEs, lupus ab positive as of October last year'. I am keen to understand the im...  Read Full »

Does lupus cause ankylosing spondylitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I tested negative for ANA but positive for anti-dsDNA. My GP diagnosed me with ankylosing spondylitis when I have many symptoms of lupus just not the rash. My sister also has lupus and did not test positive for ANA. She has seronegative lupus. I am under the impression that anti-d...  Read Full »

Can Hashimoto's disease cause enlarged lymph nodes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30 year old female. I have Hashimoto's hypothyroidism since four years. I take Eltroxin daily and go for a thyroid sonar once a year. I went for an ultrasound yesterday and my report stated that my thyroid features are consistent with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. But, what reall...  Read Full »

Ask a Rheumatologist Now