Lymphadenitis

Why is the lymph node in my throat swollen and painful?

Query: Hello doctor, My right lymph node on my throat is swollen and my throat hurts on the right side but is not scratchy. I have had this for four days with no other symptoms. I was recently on multiple antibiotics for a bacterial infection but am no longer on them. I am female, 19 years old, 115 lbs. O...  Read Full »

Dr. Dheeraj Kumar Jonnalagadda

ENT Otolaryngologist, Allergy Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The condition you are describing can be right side lymphadenitis. It most commonly presents with infection of the throat or upper respiratory tract infection. It subsided with minimal antibiotics, salt water gargling, antihistamines, and antacids. But the swelling can be ...  Read Full »

Can a whitish lump in throat be associated with post nasal drip?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a whitish lump at the back of my throat located on the posterior wall. I suffer badly from post nasal drip but not sure if this is related, doctors seem unsure and I am worried sick. Any input as to what this could be? Suffer from GERD, post nasal drip, have had blood at the back ...  Read Full »

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, it is most likely submucosal lymphadenitis of the posterior pharyngeal wall. This may develop secondary to chronic infection of the nose, paranasal sinuses, and throat. To confirm the diagnosis, you may go for MRI neck and FNAC from the lump. ...  Read Full »

Is the doctor correct in taking biopsy from only one area of lymph node?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I have a neck swelling (lump in my neck) in the posterior triangle area for a few weeks. X-ray chest and USG whole abdomen are clear. I went to the doctor and done FNAC which showed reactive lymphoid hyperplasia and started Augmentin antibiotic and later Ceftu...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tuberculosis can present with single or multiple enlarged neck nodes. It is unlikely that one lymph node will be due to lymphoma and another due to tuberculosis. Your doctor did the right thing by taking a biopsy from one area of lymph node only. No need to take fro...  Read Full »

I am unable to swallow due to a painful lump under my tonsil. Please suggest a remedy.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a painful lump under my tonsil since a week. It hurts during swallowing. Otherwise, I have no other symptoms. I was not sick or traveled anywhere recently. My lymph nodes are also slightly swollen. I have attached a picture. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The growth is just an enlarged lymph node in the oral cavity. You also seem to have enlarged and infected tonsils. I suggest you take a course of antibiotics like Amoxyclav (Amoxycillin and Clavula...  Read Full »

Being a non-alcoholic, is it possible to get liver issue?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22 year old female with the history of bronchitis. I was diagnosed with bronchitis at the age of 17 approximately. For five months, I had been facing breathing problem and now I have continuous pain in the right abdomen and occasionally on the left. I also have a type of sting l...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your breathing problem is due to bronchitis and sinusitis, which most of the time is due to allergy to cold, dust, pollen and pollution. Once the allergen is removed then your symptoms will improve. But, sometimes it can lead to infection in the lungs. You can carry out ...  Read Full »