Ent Specialist

My balance gets impaired when I shake my head. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 51 year old male. I have never had any medical condition prior. I spent a very cold day outside and woke up the next day with a feel of dizzy (like I am drunk), queasy and tired. There is no pain, cough or discharge. When I move my head from side to side my balance gets impaired...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem seems to be due to inner ear infection leading to impairment of balance on head movements and ringing sensation in ear known as tinnitus. You need ear examination and complete vestibular functions assessment and evaluation by an ENT (ear, nose and throat...  Read Full »

My 3-year-old son stuck a raisin up in his nose and is asymptomatic. How long can we wait for the treatment?

Query: Hello doctor, My 3-year-old son stuck a raisin up his nose. My wife and I are physician assistants. We went to the pediatric ED after attempting multiple positive pressure techniques without success. The pediatrician ED doctor was unable to visualize with a nasal speculum and was failed to pass an N...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is better to remove it as early as possible. It is an organic material trapped in a place full of bacteria so rhinosinusitis can occur quickly with the formation of pus. I do not advise you to wait to remove it as soon as possible. Also, you have to be afraid of h...  Read Full »

Can urine become dark due to smoking?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to smoke 10 cigarettes daily for the past two years. As of now I do not have any problem, except some pain in my throat in the early morning and it stays sore all the time. I want to know, can I have any test to check whether some harm has happened or not? I am very much afraid o...  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Smoking cigarette is always injurious to health. It can cause many cancers from mouth to stomach. As you said, you have smoked since last two years, it has caused ill effects on your throat. Clinical examination of throat and general examination is must before we proceed...  Read Full »

I have a recurring sharp headache from the past few months. Should I go to the doctor?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old male. I am fairly active. For three to four months now, I have been experiencing random sharp pains behind my right ear on the back of my head. This has also been followed by increased head pressure and regular throbbing headaches. Few weeks, these symptoms only ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know further details about your problem: Did you have these headaches any time before the last three or four months? In which other areas of your head, have you felt the pain? What kind of a headache is it? Does the pain feel like a heaviness, throbbing...  Read Full »

I am concerned about the swelling behind the right ear of my baby. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 1.4 years old. Before two days, we observed a swelling at the back of her right ear. It seems that it is painless because when I pressed it, she does not cry or react. The swollen part is in the skin color only. I am concerned about it as I read on the internet that it co...  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you are concerned about the swelling behind the right ear of your baby. Since your child does not cry or react to the pressure applied to the swelling, we can rule out the abscess. Usually, it would be very painful to touch and look red. Also, there is n...  Read Full »

Will a dental work up worsen my hyperacusis?

Query: Hello doctor,I suffer from hyperacusis. I need to have dental work done and I am scared to death that the sensitivity will get worse. I keep reading opposing opinions on wearing ear plugs and ear muffs. If I have an IV sedation, my ears are still getting the noise from the drill. I do not know what...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dental work up will not increase hyperacusis. It may cause a radiating pain to the ears. Ear plugs or muffs do not help. In fact, they may worsen the symptoms. Did you undergo any hearing tests prior to taking an IV sedation? Revert with more information to an audiolog...  Read Full »

My mom's headache has not improved in spite of medicines. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, This is regarding the health of my 50 year old mother, who is not keeping well for the past six months. She has been complaining of headaches for the past five to six months, which has been constant with heaviness around her forehead and the area between the eyes and the nose. We got a...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinidhi Ravi

Allergy Specialist, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just went through your query regarding your mother's health. The complaints could be due to sinusitis. She will need further testing to confirm it. Until then, I suggest the following: Please start Furamist nasal spray (Fluticasone topical) once a day for 15 days. If...  Read Full »