Q. Will a dental work up worsen my hyperacusis?

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Hello doctor,

I suffer from hyperacusis. I need to have dental work done and I am scared to death that the sensitivity will get worse. I keep reading opposing opinions on wearing ear plugs and ear muffs. If I have an IV sedation, my ears are still getting the noise from the drill. I do not know what to do.

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetology Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

• Dental work up will not increase hyperacusis. It may cause a radiating pain to the ears.
  • Ear plugs or muffs do not help. In fact, they may worsen the symptoms.
  • Did you undergo any hearing tests prior to taking an IV sedation?

Revert with more information to an audiologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/audiologist

| 

My entire foreskin is swollen and red. Is it due to the steroid cream I used?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 51 years and nondiabetic. It seems I am suffering from balanitis for the past two weeks. Earlier, I had the problem of ringworm, but then after medication of Clotrimazole ointment and oral tablet Terbinafine, it was treated. After a couple of months of that problem, I noticed two wee...  Read Full »

The entire surface of the fetus is fluid-filled. What does it mean?

Query: Hello doctor, Based on the result of the ultrasound, the entire surface of the fetus is fluid-filled from the head all the way to the body of the fetus. What does it mean?  Read Full »

Is there ayurvedic medicine for sensorineural hearing loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 62 year old male. Today I was checked and diagnosed with moderate sloping sensorineural hearing loss in both ears. Is there any ayurvedic medicine for me?  Read Full »

Ask an Audiologist Now