Q. Bladder biopsy shows eosinophilic cystitis with eosinophil infiltration. Please help.

Bladder biopsy shows eosinophilic cystitis with prominent eosinophil infiltration in the lamina propria with a mild lymphomonocytic cell. Urothelium shows atrophic change.

#

I went through your post well. Eosinophilic cystitis has been mentioned in the case reports because of its rarety. No clinical trials have been conducted on the condition, it is treated with a course of steroids or NSAIDS and occasionally with resection of the lesion by either open or transurethral resection. Before starting any treatment you need to be investigated for any parasites. As a course of steroids for a week settles the symptoms that will help in confirming the diagnosis.

How rare is this? It was diagnosed along with a UTI. Is it very rare to find?

#

It is a very rare disorder possibly only a few cases reported till date but yes the condition does exist, and. you may be having the condition as it is biopsy documented. However, getting a second opinion on examining and reviewing the biopsy will help for confirmation.

|