Q. Why is my CBC showing increased eosinophil count?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

I took a CBC test a few days back. Is everything normal? My eosinophil count has increased from 3 to 6 and I am worried as the normal range is 1 to 6. Can you please get back to me on this and if it is fine? Absolute is slightly high but within range. Please let me know if everything is alright.

#

I have seen your complete blood count report and understood your query regarding about eosinophilia (attachment removed to protect patient identity). First of all your reports are normal and counts are also normal, no need to worry regarding this. Your absolute eosinophils count 480 is within the normal range, and of course, in percent form, it is higher normal levels up to 6 %. If we will talk about eosinophilia if more than 500 cells divide into three categories of mild, moderate and severe. It is called eosinophilic syndrome when it is more than 1500 cell for more than six months. If we talk common cause is a simple parasitic infection, any allergy like rhinitis or skin eczema, up to blood malignancy. So you do not have to worry as you said your eosinophils count has increased from 3 to 6 % until you have any symptoms like rashes, pruritis, breathing difficulties, diarrhea, arthralgia. Repeat your absolute eosinophils count after three months, or if you have any symptoms above, then contact me. Otherwise, it is not significant.

Thank you so much.

#

You are welcome. Take care.

|