Q. Why are my TLC and eosinophil count high with fever and mouth ulcer?

Dr. Tamas Das
Published on Aug 19, 2018

I am 20 years old male. For the last few days, I feel like having fever, loss of appetite, and mouth ulcer. The head feels heavy and a mild headache is there. I have a blood test report. Also, my TLC count is 12500 which is higher than normal. Eosinophil level is also increased but only by one percent. Please help me, what is this?

Dr. Tamas Das

Microbiology
#

I am here to help you.

I would like to know a few more things from your side. Do you have a cough, vomiting, abdominal pain, burning or frequent micturition, or loose motion? Also, let me know if there is a runny or blocked nose, and/or tenderness over the forehead or cheek. Your TLC (total leucocyte count) is slightly elevated. I would suggest you do a full CBC (complete blood count).

For the time being, I would suggest you take Paracetamol 650 mg thrice daily for five days, Azithromycin 500 once before food for five days, Esomeprazole with Domperidone once before breakfast for five days, Albendazole 400 mg one tablet, and A to Z-NS (multivitamin) tablet once daily after food for 15 days. Supplement that with two glasses of ORS (oral rehydration solution) three glasses glucose and 10 glasses plain water per day till you feel better. Please do consult with your family doctor before starting these medications.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

Why is there a continuous rise in temperature despite taking antibiotics?

Query: Hi doctor, My father is 71 years old. He had a fever for a week, and the temperature raised up to 104 during the night along with frequent urination. Two days ago, the fever came down to 98.4 for five hours but again increased to 102.3 despite taking the same antibiotics. He is taking tablet G...  Read Full »

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »

Why is there repeated mouth ulcer in a child?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 4 years 9 months old. He is a healthy kid with normal weight (17 to 18 kg). But, he often gets a mouth ulcer. It is quite often like once in two months mainly in his buccal mucosa and inner corner of the lip which touches the primary canine. This hurts him and so he avoids food...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now