Q. I have taken Invega and it caused erectile dysfunction. When will my body return to previous state?

Dr. Aida Quka
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on May 23, 2019

I took Invega for one week. It changed my nervous system and caused erectile dysfunction. My question is, will my body return to their previous state? My movement is not as fluid, and I still have mild erectile dysfunction. Has Paliperidone caused permanent damage to my nervous system?

Dr. Aida Quka

Neurology
#

I agree with you on the fact that this drug can lead to erectile dysfunction as a known adverse effect. On the other hand, this adverse effect is not permanent, and it is reversible after stopping the drug. So, I do not think that it has lead to any permanent damage. It is just a matter of time, and your situation will improve spontaneously.

In the meantime, I would recommend trying Cialis (Tadalafil) or Viagra (Sildenafil) to improve your situation. I hope you will find this answer helpful. I remain at your disposal for any further questions whenever you need.