Q. How can erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation be treated?

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

I am 47 years old. I am experiencing ED and PE. Five years back I had a seizure attack once because of high BP for which I have used Eptoin 100 mg daily for three years. Currently, I am on medication for BP using Telma 80 mg and Minipress XL 5 mg (for five years) and taking Insulin 12 units daily (one year). Please advice me on the treatment to get rid of ED and PE.

#

B-blocker like Minipress Excell is causing premature ejaculation and ED with the effect of Eptoin (attachment removed to protect patient identity). plus diabetes also a risk-factor of causing erectile dysfunction. Kindly tell us how is your diabetes and hypertension control. then I will tell how to manage this condition.

Current BP levels- 130/85, plasma glucose - Fasting -100, post-lunch -160.

#

Diabetes destroys nerves and vessels which help for penile erection, which leads to PE and erectile dysfunction. You can follow the following instructions:

1. Tablet Sildenafil 50 mg PO one hour before sex (precaution- do not take Minipress XL in the last 12 hours as it causes severe hypotension).

2. Intravenous injection of Alprostadil before sex.

3. Tablet Neurobione Forte one tablet PO OD for 15 days.

Thank you for your kind response. I will follow up with the advice.

#

Take care.

|