Erectile Dysfunction

Erectile dysfunction is a type of sexual dysfunction, where a man is unable to get or keep an erection firm enough for sexual intercourse. It can be psychological or due to some underlying health issue. Physical causes of ED are heart problems, high blood pressure and cholesterol, obesity, diabetes, prostate cancer, etc.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What steps can be taken to improve erections?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 53-year-old male. I am diabetic and having erectile dysfunction for the past four months. I lose my erection soon. I have tried taking Eract X on two occasions. But there is no result. Do I need to take it continuously? What are the steps to be taken to improve my erections?   Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi,Welcome to mention whether you have difficulty in getting an erection or maintaining an erection for a long time. Diabetic patients with uncontrolled diabetes suffer from erectile dysfunction. Have good diabetic control. Eat green leafy vegetables and fruits. Avoid smoking and ...  Read Full »

Is not getting an erection while having sex for the first time normal?

Query: Hello doctor,I was having sex for the first time in my life. I never had any erection problem, and my penis was hard during the foreplay as well. I was able to put on the condom as well. However, since it was my first time, I was unable to put my penis inside the vagina properly. After 5 to 10 minut...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil


Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thanks for consulting us. Obviously, on your first experience and stress of trying to put a penis inside, you will lose an erection. The parasympathetic system controls erection, and stress will stimulate the sympathetic nervous system that will lead to loss of erectio...  Read Full »

Even after reducing the frequency of masturbation, I cannot get an erection. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been facing a lot of masturbation problems even after my marriage, so much that I did not have sex with my wife for nearly four months now. I am really worried. Need urgent help  Read Full »

Dr. J N Naidu

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Please clarify the following 1. Are you unable to stop masturbation? 2. You did not have sex due to an erection problem? 3. Do you suffer from any chronic diseases like diabetes, anemia, etc. The details will help in evaluating the problem correctly.  Read Full »

Is my loss of penile sensitivity due to sagging testices?

Query: Hello doctor, My testicles are hanging loosely around the penis for almost six years. Previously I consulted a doctor and had done a scan to check if any varicocele is present. I got the results, but nothing is present, and the doctor said there is nothing to worry about. But for few days, I am not...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil


Answer: Hi, Welcome to Thanks for consulting us. I want to assure you that loosely hanging testicles is normal and since ultrasound is normal, all well. Regarding erectile dysfunction for a fit 26-years-old without chronic problems like diabetes or hypertension is unlikely what you need to d...  Read Full »

Can stress lead to erectile dysfunction?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 46-year-old male, and there is a pain in my left testicle and back for the last five days. Three days back, I experienced erectile dysfunction in between the intercourse. I am a regular gym-going man with a daily one-hour workout and walking for thirty minutes on the treadmill,...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil


Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand that you are fit and you are a bit overweight with a BMI (body mass index) of 30. This might be muscle mass that can be detected by waist circumference. The pain in the left Testis can have many causes. For gym people, varicocele and other reasons can be ma...  Read Full »

What can be the causes for my lack of desire for sexual intimacy?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a male. My wife and I have a sexless marriage life. This is because of my lack of desire for sexual intimacy. We are very emotionally intimate (massage, kisses, hugs, sweet words) every day, but every time she wants to take it further, I do not want to. I do not want to be “turne...  Read Full »

Dr. Siva Anoop Yella


Answer: Hello, Welcome to I understood what you have been going through, and I am here to help you out. May I know if you have any difficulty in erection while you both are having intimacy? Do you have erections when you both kiss each other? Do you have any premature ejaculation of semen...  Read Full »

I am unable to get a proper erection. Will Cialis help?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I have been having trouble getting an erection, and it is affecting my relationship. I have gained weight within the past year, and this problem started happening around six months ago. I am getting an erection, but it does not reach its full potential. I got to know...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnoi

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Cialis is Tadalafil and is a PDE-5 inhibitor. Taking medicine in a dose of 10 to 20 mg on necessary basis about one hour before sex results in a firm erection. Taking the dose of 5 mg daily also help in maintaining the erection. But, the drug is a prescription drug, an...  Read Full »

Does Viagra affect a man's fertility?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some queries related to the use of Viagra. I have erectile dysfunction. Even though I get an erection, I am unable to sustain its hardness during intercourse. I took Viagra 50 mg once and it worked well. Is it safe to take Viagra to make my wife pregnant? Will Viagra cause any effe...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashok Kumar Choudhary

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern about the effects of Viagra (Sildenafil) on sperms. Formation of sperms is an independent process from erection. Sperm formation takes around two to two and a half months. Viagra will not cause any effect on the erection or mechanism of erectio...  Read Full »

How to overcome erectile dysfunction problems?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37-year-old male with a weight of 77 kilograms. I am having an erectile dysfunction issue for a few months. I am consulting for the first time regarding my erection issue.   Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath


Answer: Hi,Welcome to mention the duration of having this issue. Please mention whether you have a problem while masturbating or doing intercourse. Please mention whether you are able to erect and penetrate into the vagina. Please mention whether you have diabetes or hypertension.   Read Full »

Can you please suggest any surgical procedure available for correcting erectile dysfunction?

Query: Hi doctor, I have trouble getting erection on my demands. I fail to get erection and I am not able maintain full erection if it happens. There is low recovery after ejaculation.  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern about your symptoms. According to your complaints, you may have erectile dysfunction (ED). Reason for erectile dysfunction (ED): • Stress due to work or family-related night duties. • Depression. • Varicocele. • Fe...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.