Q. My penis erects only on the left side and refrains to stay erect. Why?

I think I have a certain level of erectile dysfunction. My penis becomes hard but only from the left side and refrains from staying erect. What is the remedy for this situation?

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

I can understand your concern. If there is poor erection on one side then this cannot be ignored. This could be due to some vascular issues. Have you got any injury during sexual intercourse in the recent past? Or sudden bending during masturbation? Is there any history of hypertension or diabetes? Please provide the details in the followup.

| 

I think the injury could have been more when I was much younger. Also, the bending is always with the erection as the penis droops to the left side. No hypertension or diabetes.

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

This might be due to some vascular cause. To rule out this you should get some tests done. One is color doppler penis, this finds out any vascular leak and is a good test for poor erection. Other is hormonal profile consisting of serum testosterone and prolactin. This will rule out any hormonal cause.

Before going for these tests you can try tablet Sildenafil. If the erection improves markedly with the drug then we can indirectly rule out vascular causes. You can visit a doctor to get the prescription of this tablet.

| 

I do not know of any doctors who specialize in this field. Can you please give me a prescription for Sildenafil?

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

You can even visit a general physician for prescription of the drug. The drug is usually used in 50 mg dose to be taken around one hour before sexual intercourse. The drug has actions for around four hours. This should help in making erection strong and you will be relieved of your problem. You can use the drug on SOS basis and there will be no problem.

| 

Also, I want to cure this problem permanently, Sildenafil seems like a measure which has to be used every time before intercourse, hence what can I take or do to rectify the damage for good? Also, I get premature ejaculations, therefore how can I prevent those?

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

Premature ejaculations in most individuals occur due to anxiety and stress. Hyperexcitation and poor experience further worsen the situation. On SOS basis Tadalafil can be used. The drug is similar to Sildenafil and has a long duration of action. This helps to increase the time and also make erection strong.

Dapoxetine is another drug that helps to delay the time. The drug is safe to use and has no serious side effects. These drugs are drugs for emergency situations but this will improve the confidence and with time you will be able to get a strong erection even without drugs. This will help in making confidence better.

Herbal drugs like Tentex Forte one tablet twice a day and Tentex Royal one tablet twice a day should be used for around six weeks. If used this will treat the problem of poor erection and premature ejaculation. The drugs are safe to use and has no serious side effects.

| 

Is Vigomax forte the same as Tentex forte?

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

Vigomax is similar to Tentex Forte. You can take this too, but also take Tentex Royal which is used for premature ejaculation. The drugs are best when used regularly.

| 

If I take it for six weeks, should I stop after or how should I go about it? Also, what do you recommend for treating anxiety issues?

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

For anxiety related to sexual intercourse, these medicines will be sufficient. You can stop taking medicines after six weeks and no need to taper the doses.

| 

No, I mean also for general anxiety, what can be taken?

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology
#

For general anxiety, if the anxiety is not very much severe you can try exercises like yoga, progressive muscle relaxation exercises or breathing exercises. You can learn about these on youtube. Take high protein foods rich in complex carbs and low in fats. Take vitamin B12 and omega fatty acid supplements. This will control the anxiety. If anxiety is severe then medicinal treatment is needed.

| 

Is erectile dysfunction related to my thyroid disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 72-year-old male with a height of 5 feet 6 inches and a weight of 78 kg. I have been on Eltroxin 100 mcg and Amloz 5 mg for two years for hypothyroidism. I am feeling fatigued and have an intense appetite. I have lost fertility for the last one year. My ESR value is 41. I also ...  Read Full »

What treatment can help me prolong my first session of sex?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male with a height of 180 cm and I weigh 83 kg. I am a father of three children. My problem is premature ejaculation. When I am having sexual intercourse, always the first round is very fast. It is just one to one and a half minutes and sometimes less than that. The...  Read Full »

Is Tadalafil effective for erectile dysfunction in a 50-year-old diabetic?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 50-year-old male. I am a diabetic for more than 20 years. I am taking insulin injection and tablets for diabetes. Due to this, I am affected with erectile dysfunction for one year. My physician advised Tfil 20 tablets. Initially, I had good results. But I find it is not effecti...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now