Tadalafil is commercially available as pills which are used to treat sexual dysfunction in men like erectile dysfunction (impotence). It is also used to relieve the symptoms of benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate). Tadalafil increases the blood flow to the penis, thus helps a man to get and keep an erection.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

What causes a weird sensation in the penis and not so hard erections?

Query: Hi Doc! I am a 19 year old boy and off late I have a weird sensation in my penis sometimes and my erections are not as hard as earlier. I am currently not on any medication and this is the first time something like this is happening. I was a bit concerned about it and with the corona virus situati...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath


Answer: Dear. Hope you are doing well R u masturbation too much? You are having any urinary complaints like frequency, urgency, poor stream, nocturia, dribbling, burning micturation? Any history of smoking? Alcoholism ? R u diabetic or hypertensive? Any investigations done recently? Waiting ...  Read Full »

Though erection is achievable, I am unable to maintain it. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had ED for several years now. I am able to get an erection but I am unable to maintain it. I have been going to a men's clinic for seven months now and they have done the GAINSWave treatment and implanted a testosterone pellet last week. After all this, there has been no improv...  Read Full »

Dr. Ganesh Prasath


Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your lipid values and blood sugar values are absolutely normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would like to say a few points here. Lisinopril HCTZ (Hydrochlorothiazide) is a combo of two drugs in which HCTZ has erectile dysfunction as one of its...  Read Full »

I get only partial erection during intercourse. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40-year-old male. I am married with two kids. I have been experiencing erection problems for the past eight months. I am able to get erection most of the time but it doest last until intercourse. My morning erections have disappeared. I have no diabetic history, no blood pressure...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have some questions from my side. Do partial erection occurs only during intercourse or during masturbation? Are you able to insert during intercourse or that is also not possible? Do you have any history of diabetes or hypertension? Are you a smoker or alcoholic?  Read Full »

How to overcome erectile dysfunction problems?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37-year-old male. My weight is 77.7 kg. I am facing erectile dysfunction problems. It has been going on for a few months now. I am consulting for the first time regarding my erection issue.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope you are doing well. Kindly let me know a little more information to guide you better. For how long you are having this complaint? Do you have a problem while masturbation or only during intercourse? Are you able to ejaculate and penetrate into the vagina? Are...  Read Full »

My penis becomes soft while having intercourse. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an erection problem and I cannot have a morning erection too. I am married but my penis becomes soft while having intercourse. I have done all tests like penile doppler, scrotum, diabetes, and prolactin but all were normal. What is wrong with my sexual organs? Please guide me to...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Coming to your query, I have some questions. Do you have diabetes or hypertension? Are you on any kind of medication other than you mentioned? What does Eract contain (is it L-arginine with a multivitamin)? Is your erection tight enough such that you able to penetrate ...  Read Full »

Why is my erection weak even after taking Tadalafil?

Query: I am 32 years old healthy male without any relevant medical history. I am married since 2 years and do not have kids. Till 3 months ago I used to have weekly sex with my wife but now since last 5 months I have been staying without her in some city so meet her only once a month. I also masturbate on...  Read Full »

Dr. Abdul Rub

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Erectile performance and ejaculation can be influenced by many factors, if you are anxious, sad or stressed this can get lower performance, if you are relaxed and happy you will have better performance because it is affected by neurotransmitters, which is influenced by mood, stress level, etc. the m...  Read Full »

How to treat loss of sensitivity in penis and erection difficulty?

Query: Hi doctor, So I am experiencing a loss of sensitivity in my penis. I still get erections but it takes way to much effort. I mainly just get them at night. I have no conditions that I know of and I am 24 years old.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath


Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have some questions. Do you smoke or drink? Are you diabetic? If not still get your RBS done (blood test). What about your blood pressure? Any sleep disorders? Any previous surgeries? Your cholesterol and testosterone level? Any other mental illness such as anxiety...  Read Full »

Is it safe to increase the dose of Cialis if usual dose did not work?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been using Cialis for years with great results but recently it is not working well. What could cause this?  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Tadalafil has no known interaction with the drugs you have mentioned but Magnesium must be taken two to three hours apart from the drug to prevent decreased absorption. Do you have morning erections? Is it situational difficulty or on all occasions? On a scale of 10, h...  Read Full »

Why do I lose my erection fast?

Query: Hello doctor, Hardness is going down very fast within two minutes after intercourse. I am unable to penetrate properly with this problem. I want to harden it for some time to penetrate and release properly. I also used Sildenafil personally. But if I use this drug the semen is not releasing properl...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Erection problems can be due to many causes including stress and physical causes such as diabetes, hypertension, and endocrine problems. So first visit a doctor to rule out the physical condition. You can try Tadalafil instead of Sildenafil as it has lesser side effect...  Read Full »

I am not getting erection as before with premature ejaculation. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34-year-old male in good general health. Until 20 years of age, I never experienced any issue with erections or sexual health. When I turned 20, I had an episode with my girlfriend where over two consecutive nights, we had no sex, but rather very prolonged foreplay. Due to the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra


Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the events you described, you had normal erection and ejaculation but over the years it has reduced. You have difficulty in maintaining erection and premature ejaculation. Have you recently changed the partner or stress in relationship? How much time do you take bef...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.