Sildenafil

Sildenafil is a medication for treating erectile dysfunction and also managing symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).

I am not able to get a full erection, and I ejaculate very early. What is the treatment?

Query: Hi doctor. I am 32 years old. My weight is 72 kg. I am not able to get full erection. I was on L-pride (Levosulpiride) and Nuanxit (Flupentixol) and I stopped it before a week. I do not have any problem like sugar or BP. Even if I get full erection, I ejaculate very early. What could be the problem...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The drugs Levosulpiride and Flupentixol will cause side effects like reduced libido or erectile dysfunction. Levosulpiride results in increased prolactin concentration and thus ultimately poor erection. As you have stopped the medicines just a week back, it will take tim...  Read Full »

I am depressed; I have sexual dysfunction, no erection, and a low sexual desire. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from anxiety and depression. I have palpitation and breathlessness. I am taking Panazep 25, Bupron 150 and Dicorate 500. I have sexual dysfunction, no erection, and a low desire. My doctor prescribed me Sildenafil 50 but, I am worried about its side effects. Please sugg...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. There could be the following reasons for an erection problem: Ongoing anxiety and depression: The proper treatment of anxiety and depression will rectify this issue. Panazep (Paroxetine) is known to cause sexual dysfuncti...  Read Full »

I have erectile dysfunction. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been married for two years and I never faced erectile dysfunction with my wife like I am facing now. I went abroad for work and stayed there for six months. After I got back, whenever I try getting intimate with my wife, I do not get erections. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Erectile dysfunction is very common these days. The risk factors include diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, hyperlipidemia, thyroid disease, and obesity. I suggest the following tests: Total testosterone level. HbA1C. Lipid profile. Thyroid function test. If the ...  Read Full »

I have erection problem but not ED. Still, can I take Viagra?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41-year-old male having a problem related to sex. When I have sex with my partner, I have an erection coming too quickly, or I lose the erection within seconds, leaving my partner disappointed. When I am relaxed, I can hold it for at least five to ten minutes. I know that it is du...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should check with your doctor about the medicines taken for blood pressure. It should not be Nitrate. There is no harm in taking Viagra (Sildenafil) when you are not having regular sex. You can consult an andrologist and rule out the cause for ED (erectile dysfunc...  Read Full »

What happens if you take an expired Long Drive capsule?

Query: Hello doctor, I took a Long drive capsule by mistake, which got expired last month. I am worried about the side effects of taking expired pills. Can it cause any serious side effects? And if yes, how long will these side effects last? I took only one capsule.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Do not worry. Pharmacy companies put the expiry date one to two month earlier than the actual expiry date. After the expiry date, the medicine loses their potency, and they will not be able to produce the intended effect rather causing any untoward...  Read Full »

Why does my erection suddenly go away during penetration?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21-years-old male with a weight of 88 kg and a height of 6 feet. I am having an issue with erection. I cannot stay hard for an extended period. Yesterday, I had my first intercourse. I got an erection, and when I penetrated, my penis became soft, and after that, it did not get ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.If you got a good erection before penetration and then lost it, it was most likely due to psychological reasons. Anticipation, worries about performance, overthinking about sex can result in loss of erection. This is most likely not a physical issue.I suggest you take Silde...  Read Full »

Why am I suffering from low libido and erection problems?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male, and I am suffering from low libido and erection problems. Currently, I am taking ayurvedic herbs like Ashwagandha, Gokhru, and Shatavari. I am attaching my reports of free testosterone and estradiol for your reference. Kindly guide and advise. Thanks.  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your test reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) appear normal. Sometimes, loss of libido and erectile dysfunction are purely psychological. Destressing by talking to a psychiatrist or a psychologist helps. Yoga and meditation help as wel...  Read Full »

What are the causes of erectile dysfunction in young adults?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a teenager, and I am having trouble during erection when I am with my girlfriend. Though I occasionally get it with her, the erection is not as hard as it usually is. I am very much confused. Can you help me with this?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please provide me with the below details so that I can help you with your problem. Do you suffer from poor erection or no erection regularly? Do you develop an erection while you are alone or have early morning erections? Do you have any other medical issues? Re...  Read Full »

Does Viagra affect a man's fertility?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some queries related to the use of Viagra. I have erectile dysfunction. Even though I get an erection, I am unable to sustain its hardness during intercourse. I took Viagra 50 mg once and it worked well. Is it safe to take Viagra to make my wife pregnant? Will Viagra cause any effe...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern about the effects of Viagra (Sildenafil) on sperms. Formation of sperms is an independent process from erection. Sperm formation takes around two to two and a half months. Viagra will not cause any effect on the erection or mechanism of erectio...  Read Full »

Why am I having headache after taking Sildenafil for erectile dysfunction?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 37 years old with a weight of 104 kilograms. I have erectile dysfunction and tried using Sildenafil 50 mg. Previously, I did not had any issues but nowadays, I have headaches with lower jaw pulling sense. Please suggest.   Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Sildenafil is a rapid-acting drug with a shorter duration of action. Due to Sildenafil, some patients can develop hypotension with headaches. This can be a cause in your case. To prevent having this, try to drink plenty of water before tak...  Read Full »