Common "Sildenafil" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


Sildenafil is a medication for treating erectile dysfunction and also managing symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I am suffering from erectile dysfunction and low libido. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from erectile dysfunction and have significantly less libido. However, I do have erections when I masturbate while watching porn. Gradually, attraction towards me has also decreased, and our physical intimacy is around two to three times a month. For that, I had to take Man...  Read Full »

Dr. Muntaqa Butt

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. This is the most common side effect of Sildenafil that you are facing. Erectile dysfunction usually occurs at the age of 40 to 50 years. In young males, erectile dysfunction is usually due to physical inactivity, hyperlipidemia, alcohol, smok...  Read Full »

Is it safe to take Viagra is you have an aneurysm?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 54 year old male with complex medical histories, including a current splenic artery aneurysm, an occluded right vertebral artery, historical major spinal cord trauma from intradural schwannomas (removed twice) and multiple liver hemangiomas. I have had occasional erectile dysfunct...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to According to me, it is better to avoid Viagra as it is a vasodilator. But, the final decision should take after consulting your cardiologist. First, rule out the psychogenic causes of erectile dysfunction. Because, there is no need to take Viagra (Sildenafil), if ...  Read Full »

Why do PE occur inspite of enough foreplay?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have a problem with premature ejaculation for the past five to six months because of stress. It lasts for only three to four minutes after almost 15 minutes of foreplay. What is an ayurvedic medicine you can suggest for immediate results? Will it cause any side effects? Al...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran S R

Answer: Hi, Welcome to For immediate result, PDE5 (phosphodiesterase type 5) inhibitor is the only option, but it has its own side effects. Kindly share more details so we can find the cause of your issue. There are many reasons for premature ejaculation. 1. Stressful work, night duties, 24...  Read Full »

Why am I not getting proper erection and unable to perform well?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 54 years old. I am a hypertensive patient. Currently, I am taking Telma 20 mg, Metoprolol 25 mg in the morning and Roseday 5 mg at night. My weight is 105 kilograms. I am not getting proper erection nowadays. Though I have an interest in intercourse, I am unable to perform. Before a...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I have gone through the attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Your report shows that you have diabetes, deficiency of vitamin D3 and vitamin B12. Your hba1C (glycated hemoglobin) is in a higher range. Take care of these issues. Have a walk in the ...  Read Full »

What are the side effects if I take Sildenafil frequently?

Query: Hello doctor, I have used Caverta for recreational purposes for the past one and a half years. I used to have it once in a month or two and the dose used to be about 10 mg. What are the side-effects?  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Using this for such a long time and at a young age can produce pronounced side effects like erectile dysfunction at a later stage, and low BP problems. I would advise to avoid the drug and try a more natural way of life. Use a barrier contraceptive that enhances the dur...  Read Full »

Can masturbation addiction result in lost interest in sex?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 37 years old, married and having two kids. My daughter is 8 years old and son is 4.6 years. I got married 9 years before. For the last 2 to 3 years that is after my second baby I am facing issue in our sexual relationship. I have lost desire, lack of interest, low libido, erectile dys...  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Masturbation does not cause any adverse effects on potency. If you are enjoying masturbation, then no need to worry. This also proves that you have libido, but you are not much enjoying sexual intercourse. You have to find ways to enjoy sexual intercourse. Spend a ...  Read Full »

I am experiencing sexual problems. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I have no sugar and BP. I am living a healthy lifestyle. I am suffering severely from ED and PE since last 10 to 12 years (it lasts for two to three minutes only). Please advise proper medicine which is not harmful to my health.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Answer: Hi, Welcome to There are many reasons for this condition, so you need to be evaluated and physical examination is required. For managing ED (erectile dysfunction), a drug like Sildenafil or Tadalafil are the first-line treatment. Sildenafil can be started from 50 mg for almost half a...  Read Full »

My erection is not enough for sexual satisfaction. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. I am currently experiencing erectile dysfunction. My penis is not erecting like before, and I have an awkward sex experience with my partner. What do I need to do?  Read Full »

Dr. Samer Sameer Juma Ali Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Erectile dysfunction has two main types one is psychogenic or organic. You are 29 years and unlikely to suffer from chronic diseases like diabetes or hypertension, and you are not on any long term medications. Therefore it is most probably the psychogenic type of erecti...  Read Full »

I have erection problems. How to manage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 46 years old. My weight is 75 kg and my height is 6 feet. I have no diabetes or BP, but have asthma and it is under control. I am facing problems in getting erections. It is getting worse with time. Please suggest some treatment for this. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Kumar Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to You have given very little information regarding your query. You have not given information regarding your education, marital status, number of children and profession. Actually all these things are important in the management in erectile dysfunction. Please answer my ...  Read Full »

What is the remedy for poor erection on one side?

Query: Hello doctor, I think I have a certain level of erectile dysfunction. My penis becomes hard but only from the left side and refrains from staying erect. What is the remedy for this situation?  Read Full »

Dr. Seikhoo Bishnui

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can understand your concern. If there is poor erection on one side then this cannot be ignored. This could be due to some vascular issues. Have you got any injury during sexual intercourse in the recent past? Or sudden bending during masturbation? Is there any hist...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.