Sildenafil

Sildenafil is a medication for treating erectile dysfunction and also managing symptoms of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH).

What happens if you take an expired Long Drive capsule?

Query: Hello doctor, I took a Long drive capsule by mistake, which got expired last month. I am worried about the side effects of taking expired pills. Can it cause any serious side effects? And if yes, how long will these side effects last? I took only one capsule.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for your query. Do not worry. Pharmacy companies put the expiry date one to two month earlier than the actual expiry date. After the expiry date, the medicine loses their potency, and they will not be able to produce the intended effect rather causing any untoward...  Read Full »

Why does my erection suddenly go away during penetration?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21-years-old male with a weight of 88 kg and a height of 6 feet. I am having an issue with erection. I cannot stay hard for an extended period. Yesterday, I had my first intercourse. I got an erection, and when I penetrated, my penis became soft, and after that, it did not get ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.If you got a good erection before penetration and then lost it, it was most likely due to psychological reasons. Anticipation, worries about performance, overthinking about sex can result in loss of erection. This is most likely not a physical issue.I suggest you take Silde...  Read Full »

Why am I suffering from low libido and erection problems?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a male, and I am suffering from low libido and erection problems. Currently, I am taking ayurvedic herbs like Ashwagandha, Gokhru, and Shatavari. I am attaching my reports of free testosterone and estradiol for your reference. Kindly guide and advise. Thanks.  Read Full »

Dr. Shaikh Sadaf

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your test reports (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) appear normal. Sometimes, loss of libido and erectile dysfunction are purely psychological. Destressing by talking to a psychiatrist or a psychologist helps. Yoga and meditation help as wel...  Read Full »

What are the causes of erectile dysfunction in young adults?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a teenager, and I am having trouble during erection when I am with my girlfriend. Though I occasionally get it with her, the erection is not as hard as it usually is. I am very much confused. Can you help me with this?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please provide me with the below details so that I can help you with your problem. Do you suffer from poor erection or no erection regularly? Do you develop an erection while you are alone or have early morning erections? Do you have any other medical issues? Re...  Read Full »

Does Viagra affect a man's fertility?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some queries related to the use of Viagra. I have erectile dysfunction. Even though I get an erection, I am unable to sustain its hardness during intercourse. I took Viagra 50 mg once and it worked well. Is it safe to take Viagra to make my wife pregnant? Will Viagra cause any effe...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern about the effects of Viagra (Sildenafil) on sperms. Formation of sperms is an independent process from erection. Sperm formation takes around two to two and a half months. Viagra will not cause any effect on the erection or mechanism of erectio...  Read Full »

Why am I having headache after taking Sildenafil for erectile dysfunction?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 37 years old with a weight of 104 kilograms. I have erectile dysfunction and tried using Sildenafil 50 mg. Previously, I did not had any issues but nowadays, I have headaches with lower jaw pulling sense. Please suggest.   Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Sildenafil is a rapid-acting drug with a shorter duration of action. Due to Sildenafil, some patients can develop hypotension with headaches. This can be a cause in your case. To prevent having this, try to drink plenty of water before tak...  Read Full »

Recently, I have lost the ability to ejaculate. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 60 year old male with type 2 diabetes (HbA1c 6.2). Recently, I have lost the ability to ejaculate. Erections are not the problem, just no orgasm or ejaculate. Everything feels right during stimulation but stops short of actually going over the top. I went to a urologist, but he did...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Poor or absent ejaculation occurs due to medicines for prostate or due to diabetes. In some diabetic patients, there is retrograde ejaculation (into the bladder) or sometimes no ejaculation. This can be confirmed by post ejaculation urine test for sperms. However, this s...  Read Full »

Does shock wave therapy work for erectile dysfunction?

Query: Hi doctor,I am suffering from erectile dysfunction. I recently visited a sexologist and did a penile Doppler ultrasound test and ultrasound scrotum. After seeing the results, the doctor told me that I have inconsistent responses with borderline on both sides and absent reversal of diastolic flow. It...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Erection problems can occur due to lifestyle factors like drinking alcohol, smoking, and obesity. It may also occur due to major illness or due to some medicines. It can also occur due to stress, anxiety, due to blood abnormalities for which you need to do blood tests f...  Read Full »

Why do I have poor erection at 38 years of age?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 38-year-old male with a weight of 95 kilograms and a height of five feet seven inches. I do not have any other medical conditions. I suffer from migraine headaches and I take Propanolol 40 mg one tablet a day with general pain killers as per the requirement. I am taking this medic...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. There is a contraindication for taking Viagra (Sildenafil) and you can take it after consulting the doctor. But there is clear evidence that you seem to be overweight. This can be a simple reason for having a decrease in the intensity of erect...  Read Full »

Can masturbation addiction result in lost interest in sex?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 37 years old, married and having two kids. My daughter is 8 years old and son is 4.6 years. I got married 9 years before. For the last 2 to 3 years that is after my second baby I am facing issue in our sexual relationship. I have lost desire, lack of interest, low libido, erectile dys...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Masturbation does not cause any adverse effects on potency. If you are enjoying masturbation, then no need to worry. This also proves that you have libido, but you are not much enjoying sexual intercourse. You have to find ways to enjoy sexual intercourse. Spend a good ti...  Read Full »