Erythromycin

Other than Erythromycin, what are the other treatment measures for corneal abrasion?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 12 years old. Today in school another student threw a gift card (credit card size) which got stuck in his eye. He immediately experienced some internal eye bleeding and diplopia. He saw the urgent care MD who put dye in his eye and diagnosed a corneal abrasion and prescribed...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am very sorry to hear that your son is injured. But, rest assured that such things are quite common and corneal abrasions usually heal in about five to seven days without any further harm. I suggest that you continue with the Erythromycin ointment and make sure tha...  Read Full »

My eyes have become red and swollen. What is the problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 48-year-old male. My eyes and the entire area around my pupil have become red. They are hurting me a lot. I went to a doctor, and I was diagnosed with conjunctivitis. I was given Erythromycin ointment to get relief, and I am not feeling better. The area around my eyes is swollen. ...  Read Full »

Dr. K K Agrawal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You have infective conjunctivitis. Erythromycin eye ointment is an antibiotic ointment that helps to get relief from this condition. But it will take some time. I cannot say whether it is v...  Read Full »

Can H.pylori infection be treated with injectable antibiotics?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been diagnosed with an H.pylori infection. My current symptoms are an inability to eat properly, excessive burping, and restlessness. My doctor advised taking Cravit and Amoxicillin, along with Pantoprazole as an acid reducer. Just after one doze of antibiotics, I have severe...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Injectable therapy is available for H.pylori infection, and it is more efficacious as compared to oral treatment. Injectable therapy include. Injection Omeprazole 80 mg stat, followed by 40 mg twice a day for three days, intravenously. Injection Ampicillin 1.5 gm stat, f...  Read Full »

How to cure infection after ear piercing?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 4 years old. After piercing her ear, she is suffering from piercing infection. Her weight is 20 kg. I have also attached the pictures of her ears.  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It obviously is an infection from the piercing. To cure that you have to take the following measures. Remove the piercing. If pus comes out of piercing hole, squeeze it gently and put warm compresses to ease draining. I suggest her Cefuroxime syrup 250 mg per 5 mL a ...  Read Full »

How long does Yasmin or Lucette birth control take to work?

Query: Hello doctor, How long does Yasmin or Lucette birth control take to work? I have just started my third month and heard that it takes about three months to work. However, I have already seen much improvement and it did not break me out really badly in the first few weeks which it did for many others...  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Erythromycin is a hepatic enzyme inhibitor meaning it will delay the metabolism of Lucette (Ethinylestradiol and Drospirenone) thus allowing increased levels of the hormone in the bloodstream for a longer duration than normal. Hence the effect of contraception will not ...  Read Full »

How to improve the chance of pregnancy in case of a semen infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 45 year old male, and my wife is 26 years. We have been trying to have a baby for the past seven years. I had a sperm analysis in 2011. My count was 68 m, all the parameters were good except the presence of Proteus spp. bacteria. The doctor injected me with gentamycin once, and...  Read Full »

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How are you doing? I have seen your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Let me start on a positive note by saying that she stands a very good chance of pregnancy, but there are some small issues in your infertility treatment which I will try to cl...  Read Full »