Q. How to cure infection after ear piercing?

Dr. Eriol Braholli
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My daughter is 4 years old. After piercing her ear, she is suffering from piercing infection. Her weight is 20 kg. I have also attached the pictures of her ears.

#

• It obviously is an infection from the piercing. To cure that you have to take the following measures.
  • Remove the piercing. If pus comes out of piercing hole, squeeze it gently and put warm compresses to ease draining.
  • I suggest her Cefuroxime syrup 250 mg per 5 mL a teaspoon twice daily for 7 to 10 days. I also suggest Erythromycin gel locally, twice daily. Consult her doctor, discuss with him or her and take the treatment with consent.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

After Lasik, I have eye itching with small wounds on my eyelid. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I had Lasik in the beginning of last year. I have a dandruff issue with my hair. After a few months of surgery, occasionally I had eye itching. When I visited my doctor, he said that it is due to dandruff and asked to clean eyelid with baby shampoo. After cleaning, I used to feel relieved...  Read Full »

I have frequent eye infection with pus and blood discharge. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Since last 7 to 8 months I am having an eye infection, like a stye. It is getting frequent almost after every 3 to 4 weeks. I recollect having collided with somebody about one and half years back, hurt on my right eye with somebody's elbow and had a swollen eye, very painful and under...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»