Esophageal Motility Disorders

Why do I have left chest and hand pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29-year- old. I am getting chest pain in left side and my left hand is also paining. I consulted with a General MD and Cardiologist for my problem and my ECG, TMT, X- Ray is normal. Doctors told it is eosinophil problem and I used medicine for that. It was cured at that time and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern, but there is no need to be worried. You will be fine. I went through the test results (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity), and all the tests are normal. The chest pain is definitely not cardiac-related. If it were,...  Read Full »

What causes a constant feeling of nausea with abdominal pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 20 year old female. My height is 5'1", and weight is 120 lbs. I have been getting a constant feel of nausea for over a year along with abdomen, chest and back pain. The chest pain is sharp in the place of the heart. The back pain is right down the middle of my back, starting at my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You could be suffering from intermittent diffuse esophageal spasm. In simpler terms, it is a functional disorder where the motility of your gut is slightly impaired. Do not worry. It is not a serious condition as your endoscopy is fine. Have an ultrasound abdomen done and...  Read Full »

What causes the feeling of something stuck in the throat and metallic taste?

Query: Hi doctor, I have few symptoms for a month, like sour or metallic tongue, usually when I eat some food. I feel like I have something stuck in my throat, and I do not feel like eating anything. I feel short of breath. However, some relief if I burp, I also have to clear phlegm from my throat all the...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems there is a problem with your food pipe. Acid reflux, regurgitation of food, choking and frequent salivation, and sometimes vomiting are all symptoms related to food pipes (esophagus). The metallic taste of tongue, food stuck, and difficulty swallowing are...  Read Full »

Can H.pylori infection cause heaviness in chest and throat after eating?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past four months, I feel heaviness in my chest and throat a few minutes after eating like food stuck there. I consulted a gastroenterologist, he did an endoscopy and came out with H.pylori Infection. I am on two weeks medication. Are my symptoms due to this infection?  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, the symptoms you mention seems to be due to esophageal (food pipe) problem. However, the H.pylori infection infects the stomach and usually causes acid-related symptoms like acidity and pain but is all confined to the stomach area, not the esophageal area. S...  Read Full »

Food keeps getting stuck in my throat. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, For over four years, I have had problems swallowing my food. I get the sensation that the food is stuck in my throat.Usually, it clears when I drink water and it pushes the food. Without water, I feel like I am choking up to maybe half hour with intense pain in my throat and upper...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to get an endoscopy done to rule out any motility disorder of the esophagus, the food pipe, as your food gets stuck while entering the stomach. There is a possibility of food stasis in the esophagus. This is most likely possible with your description. An...  Read Full »

Am I suffering from achalasia or GERD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old male. I recently had a severe chest pain like heartburn and visited a gastroenterologist doctor. I am also suffering from swallowing disorder for the past seven to eight months, especially solid foods and sometime liquids too. It feels that whenever I eat food it stuck ...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your primary diagnosis is esophageal candidiasis and antral gastritis. These are medical conditions and managed with medical treatment only. Although, treatment for esophageal candidiasis lasts little long duration. The esophageal manometry test is not required for the...  Read Full »