Q. What could be the reason for constant feeling of nausea and abdominal pain?

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 21, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 30, 2021

I am a 20 year old female. My height is 5'1", and weight is 120 lbs. I have been getting a constant feel of nausea for over a year along with abdomen, chest and back pain. The chest pain is sharp in the place of the heart. The back pain is right down the middle of my back, starting at my shoulder blades and ending near the center. The abdominal pain is right down the middle of the torso and extends to the sides near my belly button. I feel nauseous all the time and have lost over 70 lbs in six months. I feel bloated, and my lower abdomen is tender to touch. I had an upper endoscopy, and nothing found abnormal besides irritation from the vomiting. I had blood tests, urine test, gall bladder test, liver and kidney tests. All the tests came back normal. I am currently on Zofran and Zantac for nausea.

#

• You could be suffering from intermittent diffuse esophageal spasm. In simpler terms, it is a functional disorder where the motility of your gut is slightly impaired.
  • Do not worry. It is not a serious condition as your endoscopy is fine.
  • Have an ultrasound abdomen done and an esophageal manometry if possible. Also, get an ECG done to rule out cardiac disease.
  • Regarding treatment, I suggest you try having Domperidone tablet twice daily before meals and Pantoprazole 40 mg once before meals Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.
  • If everything comes fine, then this pain could be due to anxiety and nothing else.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|