Q. What could be the reason for constant feeling of nausea and abdominal pain?

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava
Published on Feb 21, 2017

I am a 20 year old female. My height is 5'1", and weight is 120 lbs. I have been getting a constant feel of nausea for over a year along with abdomen, chest and back pain. The chest pain is sharp in the place of the heart. The back pain is right down the middle of my back, starting at my shoulder blades and ending near the center. The abdominal pain is right down the middle of the torso and extends to the sides near my belly button. I feel nauseous all the time and have lost over 70 lbs in six months. I feel bloated, and my lower abdomen is tender to touch. I had an upper endoscopy, and nothing found abnormal besides irritation from the vomiting. I had blood tests, urine test, gall bladder test, liver and kidney tests. All the tests came back normal. I am currently on Zofran and Zantac for nausea.

Dr. Anshuman Srivastava

#

• You could be suffering from intermittent diffuse esophageal spasm. In simpler terms, it is a functional disorder where the motility of your gut is slightly impaired.
  • Do not worry. It is not a serious condition as your endoscopy is fine.
  • Have an ultrasound abdomen done and an esophageal manometry if possible. Also, get an ECG done to rule out cardiac disease.
  • Regarding treatment, I suggest you try having Domperidone tablet twice daily before meals and Pantoprazole 40 mg once before meals Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.
  • If everything comes fine, then this pain could be due to anxiety and nothing else.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

I have frequent urination and severe pain in abdomen. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I had fever two days ago. Then one day ago started frequent urination and I could not hold it every time it happened. And there was pain during urination. Then started pain in the stomach. Today the urination is not that much but I have severe pain in both sides of my abdomen. I am no...  Read Full »

My Bilirubin total - 2.2, Bilirubin Direct - 1.5, SGPT - 4548, SGOT - 4153

Query: Dear doctor, Here is my lab report: Bilirubin total: 2.2 Bilirubin Direct: 1.5 SGPT: 4548 SGOT: 4153 I have taken drip and injection for nausea. Now nausea has been cured. I have only abdomen pain now, and my fever has been cured before three days. Color of urine is yellow and color of stools is...  Read Full »

Taking Pantoprazole for GERD. Is any drug interactions between Pantoprazole and Voltaren?

Query: Hello doctor, I am on 40 mg Pantoprazole twice a day for GERD. I just took 50 mg Voltaren for a bad back and I am worried sick. I checked online and it said no drug interactions. I have not yet taken my nightly dose of Pantoprazole, should I not take it?  Read Full »