Q. I cannot handle my bad mood after exam failure. Please help.

Dr. Ruhi Satija

I am 19 years old. Last year, I failed in maths exam and now I am trying to pass it. My exam is in April. My mind is telling me not to study because I already know what is going to happen. My father keeps asking me when do I have an exam or do you study. My nerves can not handle this anymore. After some minutes later I start crying for no reason. The same thing is when my father yells at me. I fall in a bad mood. I start feeling bad. When this happens, I cannot listen to music, I cannot watch TV or do anything else. It feels like I am dying inside. I do not know what to do honestly. They would probably think that I am not a grown man but I cannot help myself. I really want to know what should I do? I am nearly giving up. I would be grateful for your help.

#

Failure can make you feel nervous and a little less of ourselves, but understand that your self worth does not depend on exam results. Everyone has their own strength and weaknesses. You too are good at something and bad at others.

Clearly you are under a lot of stress. I would suggest you talk to someone you can trust and share your feelings. Also, I would recommend talking to a counselor, psychologist, or therapist they will help you with coping up with stress and anxiety and teach you techniques to have better control on yourself and also you can learn some study techniques which will help you perform better.

Again remember you are not your exam results. I am sure you have amazing potential. You just need to find out what you are good at and become the best version of yourself.

|