Exam Failure

I am scared of exam failure. How to tackle it?

Query: Hello doctor, I failed around five times in CA final exam. My next exam is in a month time. I have not studied yet because I am so much depressed and demotivated. I am scared of failing this time also. My future is dark. Mentally, I am very much stressed which leads to the symptoms of high blood ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Success and failure are part of life, but we should keep trying. When we are down only way is up. I know it is easier said than done but you have to keep trying, and persistence is the only key to success. Here are a few steps that can help you. Do meditation daily for...  Read Full »

Due to exam phobia, I am unable to concentrate on my studies. How to overcome it?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old and studying for my final exams. My problem is exam phobia. I am so scared of failure during an exam and due to this, I am unable to concentrate on my studies. I am suffering from this issue for the past two years and it really affects my studies. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you feel concerned about your performance during exams.  Read Full »

Why do some students lack interest in studies?

Query: Hi doctor,First time, when I was in the hostel I acted like fainting. So, they took me to the hospital and after checking BP, the doctor said it was low. The next day, I got very high fever and came home. Then after some days, I went hostel as I had kidney pain. I was brought here and had a scan. Th...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Answer: Hi, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I completely understand that you are feeling a lack of interest in studies and unable to focus on your studies.  Read Full »

How to bounce back from failing an exam?

Query: Hi doctor,I failed in my exams and really depressed. Please help me come out of this.  Read Full »

Dr. Padmapriya Chandran

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Success and failure are the two sides of the same coin. You can never predict what will happen. Life is never a smooth sailing boat. It is full of ups and downs. Life does not end when you fail once. Life is much more than your exams. You gain experience when you go t...  Read Full »

My father's yell after exam failure makes me feeling bad. How to deal with it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 19 years old. Last year, I failed in maths exam and now I am trying to pass it. My exam is in April. My mind is telling me not to study because I already know what is going to happen. My father keeps asking me when do I have an exam or do you study. My nerves can not handle thi...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Failure can make you feel nervous and a little less of ourselves, but understand that your self worth does not depend on exam results. Everyone has their own strength and weaknesses. You too are good at something and bad at others. Clearly you are under a lot of stres...  Read Full »

I am depressed due to failure in my exams and I feel lonely always. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have failed twice in my exams. I am feeling pushed out of my own home because there is a lack of peace. I weep secretly and daily whenever I think of my future, and it all looks bleak. I am a lonely person, and my enemies are many around me, including my own younger brother. Every ti...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Competitive exams are tough, and the situation in which you are is not helping you cope up. To excel in such exams, you need to concentrate and not be distracted. Maybe you can shift to a hostel for preparing if you cannot start with maintaining some distance. Try it...  Read Full »

I failed in most of the subjects due to memory problem and feeling low. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have memory problems or I do not know why I am not able to remember. I have failed most of the subjects in college. I am taking Abilify 5 mg for the past four years and it is OD and I am regularly taking it. I took medicines because I had thoughts of being watched by every person pa...  Read Full »

Dr. Anil Kumar Kumawat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have cleared many exams before to reach till college, so it means you are not a person with low IQ. It does not matter how many times you have failed in the exam. Initially, everyone gets problems if they fail. It does not mean they have lost everything. Actually, ...  Read Full »