Q. I have excessive fear associated with jittery and flutters. What does it indicate?

Dr. Shubham Mehta

I sometimes get, jittery and flutters. Uncontrollable fear of bad things. I feel cold in my head, running stomach and need to urinate. My left side feels numb. What can I do?

Dr. Shubham Mehta

Psychiatry Psychotherapy Sexology Sleep Medicine
#

The symptoms which you have mentioned are suggestive of anxiety disorder. However, the common medical causes of your symptoms like diabetes, hypertension, and cardiac diseases, thyroid disorder, and vitamin B12 deficiency must be ruled out. An MRI of the brain will help to rule out brain pathology, which can cause numbness. Assuming it to be an anxiety disorder, relaxation exercises like deep breathing and meditation will be beneficial for you.

Drugs like Klonopin (prescription drug) are helpful in cases of intense anxiety. Visit a psychiatrist for proper evaluation and treatment. I hope this helps. You can post a direct query if you need any more suggestions. I will be glad to help you.

|