Eye Floaters

My eyes are sensitive to light, and I can see floaters. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor,I have always been a little sensitive to light, maybe because I work a lot in front of a screen. I have seen some eye floaters for a couple of years when looking at something bright-like in snow, white screen, or skies. Two weeks ago, my eyes got very tired after using a smartphone scre...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay U Nayak

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. I had taken a look at the image (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity) there is nothing to worry about. Floaters are extremely common. Almost everyone at some point in their lives sees it. We only worry when floaters incr...  Read Full »

My eye pressure is 15 mm Hg and 18 mm Hg. Does different pressure lead to problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I did an eye test for the first time in my life and took images and a bunch more. Everything looked normal, but my eye pressure was different in each eye. One was 15, and the other was 18. Do I have anything to worry about? Please help.   Read Full »

Dr. Ammar Zahid Malik

Answer: Hi. Welcome to icliniq.com. Intraocular Pressure (IOP) is pressure in the eyeball to keep its shape formed. Its normal range is below 20 mmHg. IOP also fluctuates with different causes, and there is also a daily fluctuation. In your case, IOP readings are in the normal range. It seems normal,...  Read Full »

How to get cured of my flickering vision and eye floaters?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old female. I am diabetic and taking Glycomet, Empagliflozin, and Vildagliptin. My HbA1c level is about 7.3. I have been taking a calcium channel blocker (25 mg) for three years now to control tachycardia. I do not take any other medications. I have never had vision ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay U Nayak

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your history, and it is a very common concern I see in my day-to-day practice, most probably due to muscae volitantes. Seeing floaters, after images of objects, etc., is very common, and these are usually self-resolving, like in your case as well. I wou...  Read Full »

I see eye floaters, and my vision gets foggy around street lights at night. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a healthy 31-year-old male with no medical problems. My first eye floaters started eight years ago and increased in the last month when I took Bromelain supplements to help with eye floaters. I see fogginess around street lamps at night, and my eyes quickly get red when I walk fr...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a jelly-like substance in the eye called vitreous. As age progresses, it starts to liquefy or gets detached, and you start seeing floaters, or it also happens in high myopes. You should go to an Ophthalmologist immediately in case if there is an increase...  Read Full »

What are the possible causes for getting eye floaters?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a history of allergies and medical issues (rhinitis, bronchial asthma, sacroiliitis, viral keratitis post lasik, iron deficiency anemia, and panniculitis). I have had high IgE levels of nearly 800 kU/L for the last ten to fifteen years without any rise in specific allergen. I a...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your report (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). All the weak areas of your retina are lasered as per the reports, and they have not mentioned any unlasered fresh tears or holes. You can take capsule Carovit forte, but I c...  Read Full »

My right eye pains a lot and shows blind spots on doing any activity. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, My right eye pains and I see blind spots while doing any activity. And I feel my brain and my eyes are not coordinating. I have vitamin B12 deficiency, for which I take injections.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly get your refractive error checked, as it can cause both your symptoms. A retinal assessment will also be helpful. Can you please elaborate on the brain-eye coordination? Revert with more information to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icli...  Read Full »

What caused my right eye pain, followed by migraine with aura?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having dull pain in my right eye region for a week. An aura migraine followed the pain. I do see floaters in both eyes. I visited an ophthalmologist; he dilated me and said everything was fine. I did an MRI three months back. It also showed everything to be normal. My current medic...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Dull pain in eyes and headache will be there in sinusitis and can also happen due to refractive error, but your tests are normal.You should also start medications for migraine. Floaters are jelly like substance in the eye called vitreous and as age progresses it ...  Read Full »

What are the precautions to be taken for lattice degeneration?

Query: Hi doctor,What are the precautions should be taken in case of lattice degeneration? Also, what is the list of don'ts and do's?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lattice degeneration is a weak or a thin spot in retina. You need to get annual retina checkup and look for floaters or flashes. Contact retina specialist if there is a curtain-like appearance in front of your eyes. Avoid excessive strenuous activity. If a family history ...  Read Full »

Can retinal detachment result in large eye floaters and itching?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a huge floater in my eye for two days. I was taking a shower last night. My eye was itchy, and I rubbed it. It is a holiday here, and my eye doctor is closed. I am worried. Could I possibly have a detached retina? But I do not want to go to the ER if it is unnecessary. The eye doe...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing in. Is the floater a single squiggly line, a ring, or a more oversized shape that is black that obstructs your line of vision? Your correct age is not mentioned and whether you had short-sightedness before cataract surgery. You might have developed so...  Read Full »

Can LipiFlow or IPL result in eye floaters?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I have a dry eye. I went to a dry eye center, and they did LipiFlow and one session of IPL laser. Ever since my eyes have felt less dry, but I have been seeing many floaters. I checked with an ophthalmologist, and he said my eye looks healthy. However, he was able to s...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a jelly-like substance in the eye called vitreous, and as age progresses, it starts to liquefy, or if it gets detached, you start seeing floaters. It is common in people with myopia. It is not due to IPL laser (intense pulsed light). You should go to an ophthal...  Read Full »