Eye Floaters

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Which doctor should I consult for spinning dots on my left upper field of vision?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old. I noticed two moving spinning dots suddenly for the past one year, or I do not know how to explain. They look like spinning wheels. I see them for 10 -15 seconds, and then everything is normal. I see them in my left side vision (on the upper side). If I close one eye ...  Read Full »

Dr. Abhaya Kant Tewari


Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As I understand, you have intermittent spinning wheels in the left upper visual field on and off with eyes open or closed. I would like to know whether you have any headache problems and do these appear before headaches? This sort of aura can occur in headache asso...  Read Full »

Is PVD with eye floaters and flashes treatable?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a PVD in my right eye. I have seen two eye doctors and have follow-ups scheduled. I have experienced new floaters, and the flashes have continued since seeing my doctor. I recently developed a clear film in the eye, which my doctor assured me was fine as long as I did not see s...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a jelly-like substance in the eye called vitreous, and as age progresses, it starts to liquefy or detaches, and you start seeing floaters. You should go to an ophthalmologist immediately in case if there is an increase in the number of these floaters or if y...  Read Full »

Can LipiFlow or IPL result in eye floaters?

Query: Hi! Two questions- I have dry eye. I went to a dry eye center and they did Lipiflow and one session of IPL laser. Ever since, my eyes have felt less dry but I've been seeing a lot of floaters. I checked with an opthamologist and he said my eye looks healthy, he was able to see my floaters and s...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, There is a jelly like substance in the eye called Vitrious and as age progresses it starts to liquify or if it gets detaches you start seeing floaters. It is common in myopes. It is not due to IPL laser. You should go to an Ophthalmologist immediately in case if there is increase in number...  Read Full »

Are eye floaters something to be worried about?

Query: Hello doctor! Since long i have been noticing floaters sort of thing when i am in sunlight or very bright light or in tubelight. I didn't pay much attention because i thought it is common. But now I'm worried is it something serious? I also have myopic vision since few years but never wore any corre...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Thanks for the query. Floaters are a common occurrence for almost everybody especially as you grow older and even more so in myopic eyes. It is most noticeable when looking at a white wall or in bright light just like you mentioned and only a keen observer will notice it. They are nothing but...  Read Full »

Is it normal to experience floaters and blind spot after looking into Class 3B laser?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a laser eye injury last year from a Class 3B laser. I stared looking into it for I do not know how long, less than one second though. It was during the performance. I have had some floaters ever since, and three missing spots on an Amsler grid in the left eye. There is one notic...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Class 3B lasers are known to be hazardous to the eye. I presume all these tests were done one year ago, including the attachment you sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest you create your own Amslers grid using a piece of paper or ...  Read Full »

Can retinal detachment result in large eye floaters and itching?

Query: I have a very large floater in my eye, I was taking a shower last night and my eye was itchy and I rubbed it. It’s a holiday here and my eye doctor is closed. I’m worried could I possibly have a detached retina but I don’t want to go to the ER if it’s unnecessary. Eye doesn&r...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing in. Is the floater a single squiggly line, a ring or a bigger shape that is black in colour that obstructs your line of vision? Your correct age is not mentioned or if you had short sightedness before cataract surgery. You might have developed something called a PVD (poste...  Read Full »

I have eyelid twitchng with floaters. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been facing issues with my eyes and eyesight lately. In my left eye the lower eyelid twitches whenever I touch it or do some face movement. In my right eye I am facing pressure pain and seeing some new floaters. I feel like I am unable to focus my right eye, it is a very weird fee...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Twitching of eyes is generally not a serious condition and can occur if you are having difficulty sleeping at night or if you are having inadequate sleep or you are tensed about something. I suggest you to get good night's sleep everyday. Otherwise B12 and Refresh Te...  Read Full »

Will high refractive error in eye cause persistent eye floaters?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having persistent floats on the lower side of the eye. I have consulted a doctor and since the eye power is the same (-4.5) she did not dilate the eye. She told me it is because of the sore eyes and it will get resolved. But I want to be sure, as the floats are more severely occ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. See first of all floaters at the age of 21 is not a common condition. It can be due to so many reasons but I feel in your case it is because of your high refractive error that is -4.5 as you said. So my advice is you should be very careful regarding your symptoms if...  Read Full »

What does retinal detachment mean?

Query: Hi doctor, While blinking my eyes, some round shaped image is appearing in my left eyelid. I seek doctor’s advice and he said that I have a retinal detachment. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The round images you see are called floaters. These are associated with posterior vitreous detachment (PVD). With PVD there may be a break or hole in retina and that can lead to retinal detachment (RD). With retinal detachment initially there may be a curtain in the visua...  Read Full »

How to treat red eyes with headache and eye floaters?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some problems with my eye and need some assistance. I have red eyes from a few months now and have tried some drops and it has reduced. But still, I have some redness in the eye. Adding to it, I have some headaches and can see a lot of eye floaters from a week now. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Anjal Shah

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Here your symptoms look more in favor of allergic conjunctivitis. This may occur due to allergy to dust, grass, pollen, cosmetics, soap, etc. Allergic conjunctivitis may be seasonal type. Try to avoid the above allergens to get rid away from allergy. You may have frequent...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just €19.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website are not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.