Eye Floaters

Will high refractive error in eye cause persistent eye floaters?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having persistent floats on the lower side of the eye. I have consulted a doctor and since the eye power is the same (-4.5) she did not dilate the eye. She told me it is because of the sore eyes and it will get resolved. But I want to be sure, as the floats are more severely occ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pandya

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. See first of all floaters at the age of 21 is not a common condition. It can be due to so many reasons but I feel in your case it is because of your high refractive error that is -4.5 as you said. So my advice is you should be very careful regarding your symptoms if...  Read Full »

What does retinal detachment mean?

Query: Hi doctor, While blinking my eyes, some round shaped image is appearing in my left eyelid. I seek doctor’s advice and he said that I have a retinal detachment. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The round images you see are called floaters. These are associated with posterior vitreous detachment (PVD). With PVD there may be a break or hole in retina and that can lead to retinal detachment (RD). With retinal detachment initially there may be a curtain in the visua...  Read Full »

How to treat red eyes with headache and eye floaters?

Query: Hello doctor, I have some problems with my eye and need some assistance. I have red eyes from a few months now and have tried some drops and it has reduced. But still, I have some redness in the eye. Adding to it, I have some headaches and can see a lot of eye floaters from a week now. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Anjal Shah

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Here your symptoms look more in favor of allergic conjunctivitis. This may occur due to allergy to dust, grass, pollen, cosmetics, soap, etc. Allergic conjunctivitis may be seasonal type. Try to avoid the above allergens to get rid away from allergy. You may have frequent...  Read Full »

What could cause symptoms like tinnitus, small bursts of light and burning at the back of throat?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 30-year-old healthy woman. I am diagnosed with anxiety disorder 10 years ago. For the past year, I have been experiencing crippling health anxiety. I have experienced a number of frightening symptoms, including brain zaps, weakness in legs, body twitching, dizziness, etc. Last ...  Read Full »

Dr. Upendra K Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. So the problem here is right ear tinnitus. Regarding this I need to know is there hearing difficulty in the right ear? What type of tinnitus, swishing, or continuous? How long it lasts? Is there any vertigo associated with tinnitus? Is there any discharge or fullness of...  Read Full »

When should I worry about eye floaters?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 63-year-old female. I started getting flashes in the right eye a couple of days ago, and now have a floater in the shape of the flashes. I was not too worried. But today flashes have started up again in the same area. Given the pandemic, eye doctors are only open for emergency ca...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Flashes can signify many conditions affecting the inner layers of the eye starting with the vitreous (the gel structure pressing down the retina - in high myopes it is usually dissociated) where floaters are usually located. If you have high blood pressure or diabete...  Read Full »

Why do I experience streaks of light in dark with gray shadow in peripheral vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I began to see streaks of light across my vision in the dark and realized I have a gray shadow in the left peripheral vision of my right eye since yesterday evening. I have been spending time on my laptop or phone for more than 10 hours a day and sometimes, I watch the screens in the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Using a computer for a long time causes dry eye syndrome due to decreased blink rate. Take frequent breaks and look at far objects as the eyes are strained looking at close object for a long time. Keep the brightness of the system to minimal. Use tear drops twice a d...  Read Full »

Can steam affect your eyes?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 54 year old male. I have floaters in my eyes. Mostly on the right eye and sometimes on the left. I also have dry eyes. Here are my optomap images from the optometrist for your evaluation. Please guide me.  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Floaters in the visual field can be due to many reasons. The common causes are retinal tear, retinal detachment, vitreous detachment and vitreous inflammation. In your case, your pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of both eyes look similar and I do ...  Read Full »

How long will floaters in the eye last?

Query: Hello doctor, I have eye floaters. I have done the retina exam by dilation, vision test, etc. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope you are enjoying good health. What are your questions about floaters?  Read Full »

My grandmother has eye floaters with minimal eyesight. Please suggest solution.

Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother is 65 years old. She has a problem with eye flashes for four years. She complaints of getting lights in her eyes in various shapes like stars, sparks, and pictures of various colors. She is left with only 5% eyesight. Please recommend the best medicine and eye drops for...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Flashes are usually due to retinal problems like retinal tears, or detachment. Floaters in diabetics can be due to blood in the vitreous. These have to be treated with lasers, retinal surgeries and/or intravitreal Avastin injections. As she is left with only 5% of visio...  Read Full »

I have astigmatism and occasional peripheral vision shadow. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old male. I have been to a few ophthalmologists about this and they seem to think it is benign. But I want to get some other input on this. If I widen my eyes and move my head around, I can see shadows in my far peripheral vision moving as my head does. And it seems tha...  Read Full »

Dr. Souhad

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you are describing is most probably breaks in the gel shaped part of the eye and is called floaters. It is a normal and physiological condition that we see in patients that have refractive errors and have no significant consequences. If these symptoms persist an...  Read Full »