Common "Eye Floaters" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Eye Floaters

Eye floaters refer to small spots or lines that move along the field of vision. When one tries to focus, floaters do not fall in the vision. It usually occurs in older age people. Eye floaters are made of small flecks of a protein called collagen. It is present in the gel-like structures called vitreous in the back of the eye. With the increase in age, these fibers in vitreous shrink to little shreds and makeup into small clumps and appears as small round spots.