Q. Are my eye floaters medicine induced or some problem with the retina

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

I have a history of allergies and medical issues (rhinitis, bronchial asthma, sacroiliitis, viral keratitis post lasik, iron deficiency anemia, and panniculitis). I have had high IgE levels of nearly 800 kU/L for the last ten to fifteen years without any rise in specific allergen. I am taking tablet Hetrazan 100 twice daily as 21 days course. Today is the fourteenth day of the medication. I felt floaters for the last one week and consulted an eye specialist (attached the prescription).

Would you please let me know the following

1) Is it something to be concerned about?

2) Is it medicine induced, or am I having any problem in the retina (sealed retinal holes before lasik in the eyes)?

3) Can I continue Absolut 3G multivitamin instead of capsule Carovit forte?

4) Is Nepafenac a safe medicine, or does it cause any side effects?

Kindly help.

#

I have gone through your report (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

All the weak areas of your retina are lasered as per the reports, and they have not mentioned any unlasered fresh tears or holes.

You can take capsule Carovit forte, but I cannot assure you that it helps your floaters.

Tablet Nepafenac is a good drug. Since you are so allergic, I advise you to start with one drop in the morning. If an allergic reaction occurs, you can go to an emergency room as soon as possible.

Thanks.

|