Q. I am suffering from eye floaters and focusing problem. Kindly help.

Dr. Asif Manzoor
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 10, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 14, 2019

I am 20 years old, with 155 pounds. I have been having eye trouble seeing squiggles and floaters in my vision. Also, I cannot focus, and it seems like the lighting goes different. Two years ago, I got into a car accident and suffered a concussion. I do not know what it can be. It is also hard to see at night, and I do wear glasses.

#

Floaters are usually due to changes in vitreous (jelly in the back of the eye) when it starts liquefied and detached from retina. It often is the aging process after the 40s to 50s age, but in cases of trauma, surgery, or myopia, it can even be at an earlier age. As you got two risk factors injury or accident, myopia, floaters may be associated with flashes or a curtain infront if the vision.

The important thing is to examine the retina because this vitreous detachment from the retina can create some hole or break in the retina that can lead to retinal detachment (not in all cases). Usually, no treatment is done, and you learn to ignore floaters with time. But I would suggest you visit your eye doctor and get your eyes examined to make sure everything in the back of the eye is fine.

|