Q. I am suffering from eye floaters and focusing problem. Kindly help.

Dr. Asif Manzoor
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Oct 10, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 14, 2019

I am 20 years old, with 155 pounds. I have been having eye trouble seeing squiggles and floaters in my vision. Also, I cannot focus, and it seems like the lighting goes different. Two years ago, I got into a car accident and suffered a concussion. I do not know what it can be. It is also hard to see at night, and I do wear glasses.

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Floaters are usually due to changes in vitreous (jelly in the back of the eye) when it starts liquefied and detached from retina. It often is the aging process after the 40s to 50s age, but in cases of trauma, surgery, or myopia, it can even be at an earlier age. As you got two risk factors injury or accident, myopia, floaters may be associated with flashes or a curtain infront if the vision.

The important thing is to examine the retina because this vitreous detachment from the retina can create some hole or break in the retina that can lead to retinal detachment (not in all cases). Usually, no treatment is done, and you learn to ignore floaters with time. But I would suggest you visit your eye doctor and get your eyes examined to make sure everything in the back of the eye is fine.

Why am I noticing peripheral flashes with eye floaters?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past three weeks, I have had my normal right eye floaters seem strange. I noticed peripheral flashes when blinking and walking and quick black narrow lines. I saw an ophthalmologist. He found the retina to be fine. I now have some flashes around peripheral in the right eye and...  Read Full >>

Dr. Manish Mahabir
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The hollow of the eye is filled with vitreous jelly. With aging, the jelly starts to liquify and separates from its attachments to the retina. This results in a little tug on the retina, resulting in flashes. This phenomenon is known as posterior vitreous detachment or ...  Read Full

Can laser be used to treat eye floaters and retinal tears?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. I have eye floaters in both my eyes. I am suffering from nearsightedness, and I have retinal tears. I consulted several doctors, but I did not get proper answers. The topic of eye floaters is not studied well in my country. My ophthalmologist says that I should do no...  Read Full >>

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your problem but do not be depressed, because everybody has to pass this phase of vitreous floaters. Some have it early due to myopia, and some have it in old age. These are definitely bothering, but it should settle and will take their own time. There is ...  Read Full

I fell down while holding my 13 months old daughter. What are the chances that she had a TBI?

Query: Hi doctor, The other night, my 13 months old daughter started screaming like crazy, I ran and picked her up and tried to walk around the room to soothe her, and I accidentally slipped while holding her and she fell on the floor. As I was slipping, I fell knee first, and at that point in that micros...  Read Full >>

Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your question. There are two ways of judgement in our practice. Clinical judgement. Evidence-based judgement. The clinical one is based on the history, which you gave me. I appreciate the detailed description of the mode of injury and symptoms. Based on tha...  Read Full