Q. I am having redness and irritation of eye with blocked nose. What is the treatment?

Dr. Shikha

I am having a problem in my left eye. I am often getting tears in my left eye, and it is causing banging pain in the left side of the head. A kind of headache starts beside my eyes, causing irritation, and feeling sensitivity for light. How can it be treated? What is the recomended medication for my problem?

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

Is there any redness or blurring of vision? Do you have a headache all the time or more when you wake up from sleep? Is there any family history of glaucoma? All the above details are necessary because you have not explained your headache or any kind of eye problem.

So, for now, I suggest you use lubricant eye drops that are easily available in the market. Use at least three to four times in a day.

| 

I have redness in the eye, and my nose is getting blocked one side. I feel better when it is dark, and I usually get this problem when I am using my mobile or when I drink something cold.

Dr. Shikha

#

It may be sinusitis. Do steam inhalation, inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth. I suggest you Levocetirizine 10 mg tablet. Take one tablet a day. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight. Cover your nose and ears while going outside. I also suggest you take antibiotics like Amoxicillin 500 mg three times a day for five days. Even after this treatment, if you do not get relieved, then get your x-ray PNS (para nasal sinus) done. Sometimes it may be because of migraine also. After this treatment, please get your refraction done.

|