Eye Irritation

An eye irritation test is one of the many toxicology tests conducted for experimental drugs. The preferred test is known as the Draize test which involves a set of tests involving the eyes of albino rats. After introducing the test drug by various means, the eyes are examined for symptoms like redness, itching, tear production, dryness, inflammation, and tissue damage.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

My daughter's eye has turned brownish and irritated. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, This is a picture of my 25-year-old daughter's eyes. She is studying, and she is concerned that one corner of her eye has recently turned brownish (the picture is of both eyes for comparison). She says it is a little irritated, and this has appeared in the last few weeks. She started usin...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I thoroughly read your query and understand your concern. There are a few possibilities after I went through the picture (the attachment is hidden to protect the patient's identity). This comes under conjunctival pigmentation, and there are a few reasons for this pigme...  Read Full »

I have been experiencing dryness and pain in my eyes for the past three months. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My height is 65 inches; my weight is around 135 lbs. I am currently taking tablets Adderall and Lexapro for ADHD and depression. For the past three months, I have had a reoccurring issue with my eyes, but my left eye is usually worse. Before I go to bed, my eyes start to feel dry and als...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditi Dubey

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Please wear your glasses and use lubricant eye drops containing Sodium Hyaluronate 0.1 % six times a day which means almost two to three hours. Continue your medical treatment as above. Get well soon.  Read Full »

My eye has been droopy for the past five days with poking pain and headaches. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, My eye has been droopy for five days and feels a poking-like pain. I get headaches. The night before this drooping occurred, I felt something go inside my eyes while lying in bed. I feel something in my eye, but nothing is there. Kindly help. Thank you.   Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If by droopy you mean the upper eyelid has dropped down, then in medical terms, it is called "ptosis." If there indeed is one-sided ptosis along with headache and poking pain, and if you are also seeing double, there is a mild chance you might have to undergo a "cont...  Read Full »

I have had eye swelling from the past four days. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had eye swelling from the past four days, and since yesterday morning, the swelling has worsened. I have applied hot compresses on it, and I feel something inside in the corner. I had a similar condition last year, which was due to a bacterial infection. What is causing this? A ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. It could be stye (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) that has spread a bit owing to cellulitis. I would suggest the following: Tablet Amoxclav (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) 625 mg thrice daily for ...  Read Full »

I use the sinus rinse device to clear out my nasal and sinus cavity, but my eyes become bloodshot red and stingy after using it. Why?

Query: Hi doctor,I use the sinus rinse device to clear out my nasal cavity and sinus cavity, but every time I use it, I am left with painful head and eye pressure. All, so my eyes become bloodshot red and stingy? Do you have any idea why this is happening?  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay B K

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Please answer a few questions. What is the reason why you are using the sinus rinse? Are you suffering from sinusitis or nasal obstruction? Any history of previous nasal surgery? Was there any bleeding post doing the rinse? Kind reg...  Read Full »

Do you recommend lens or contact lens for dry eyes and sticky eyelids?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32-year-old software engineer. My lens power in the right eye is -1.75 and left eye is -1.25. I use computer around 12 hours a day and all day I sit under a fan. From a couple of months, my eyes are dry. From past three months, daily I am taking one omega-3 tablet, which is making ...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand Yattinamani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Contact lenses are not advisable for people having dry eyes. I recommend you to use spectacle only. Antiglare, blue cut glasses help you on computer screen work to some extent. It will help to relieve from UV light from LED lights. If dryness of eyes is severe, you nee...  Read Full »

I have a thin whitish film on my left eye. Any opinion?

Query: Hello doctor, I was having a very good day working. But as the evening came by, I gradually felt an irritation in my left eye. I thought I am going to have an eyesore. But the next day, I was shocked after seeing a thin whitish film on my left eye. This stuff did not even make a little appearance th...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The photo attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is not very clear and has a lot of shadows, but I can tell you that the white thing is an inflammation of your cornea, most probably an ulcer. It needs a visit to your ophthalmologist as soon as possibl...  Read Full »

Why do I have itching in the white portion of my right eye since three weeks?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36-year-old female. I have been having itching in my right eye for three weeks. I am taking Eye Mo drops, but they are not helping. I had allergic conjunctivitis two years ago and had the same symptoms. I have used Zymar eye drops and Systane Ultra eye drops in the past. Kindly...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Juliet Barboza

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You might have allergic conjunctivitis, as your primary symptom is itching. You will need to determine the cause of the allergy because the symptoms will recur once you stop the medication. I suggest the below medicines: Visine Allergy...  Read Full »

Why has the automatic blinking stopped in my child?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 16 years old. He is myopic, with the approximate power in the left eye being -5.5 spherical and cylindrical - 0.5, right eye being -6 spherical and cylindrical - 0.75. For the last few days (4 to 5 days) he is facing a problem with his eyes. He feels his automatic blinking ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, we have to take care of itching and watering, and for that, you have to start Moxifloxacin eye drop four times a day for five days and Refresh Liquigel eye drop (Carboxymethylcellulose sodium) six to eight times a day. It can be continued for a long time as...  Read Full »

What can be done for papillary hypertrophy in eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I have papillary hypertrophy in the eye. I get red eye, mild itching, and irritation. I am taking Olopatadine and KT eye drop and lubricating eye drop for five months. The symptoms are subsided but flare up sometime. It means I am fine until I take medication but symptoms come back if...  Read Full »

Dr. Manish Mahabir

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Unfortunately, allergies are chronic diseases and do not get well permanently. Once you notice mild symptoms, you can start Olopatadine without KT (Ketorolac) and lubricants. They are safe drugs for long-term use. No need to worry. They should eventually decrease with a...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.