Eye Irritation

Can pepper spray cause permanent damage?

Query: Hi doctor, Could an accidental use of pepper spray cause any permanent harm to eyes?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it may cause permanent harm. But, the injury depends on the type of damage done to the eye. Otherwise, it can be washed immediately and get the treatment done to prevent any permanent damage. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online -...  Read Full »

What is the treatment for redness, sensitivity, irritation of eye and one sided nose blockage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a problem in my left eye. I am often getting tears in my left eye, and it is causing banging pain in the left side of the head. A kind of headache starts beside my eyes, causing irritation, and feeling sensitivity for light. How can it be treated? What is the recomended me...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any redness or blurring of vision? Do you have a headache all the time or more when you wake up from sleep? Is there any family history of glaucoma? All the above details are necessary because you have not explained your headache or any kind of eye problem. ...  Read Full »

I am facing too much cold. Kindly suggest medicines to withstand the cold.

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing too much cold (almost every day), whereas during my last four-year stay in the previous place, even for a single day, I never had a cold. All medicine like Avil, Sinarest, Citragin, etc. failed and almost all home remedies also. Please suggest to me which medicine will giv...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the symptoms detailed, you have allergic rhinitis. Do you have a history of sinusitis? Sinus tenderness which can be elicited by applying pressure over your head, on cheek bones? Do you have congestion or blocked nose? Well the main cause of allergic rhinitis is...  Read Full »

My eye burns and itches while using contact lenses. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have contacts on and they bother me so much. If I take them out I want to scratch so bad, my eye burns and itches.  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are having trouble with your contacts, you should discontinue wearing contacts and consult an ophthalmologist for an eye exam. Discomfort with contacts may be due to allergy to contacts or lens solution or it may be due to dry eyes (due to contacts) and in such c...  Read Full »

How to treat pus discharge from eyes in a 2-year-old?

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old baby has pus (photos attached) coming out from her eyes since morning. After cleaning the discharge, it comes back again in 30 to 40 minutes. She has no fever, and is playing and feeding well, except the irritation she is feeling in her eyes due to pus and rubs eyes occa...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. She has got an infection in her eyes, (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and she needs antibiotic eye drops. Start Tobrex (Tobramycin) eye drops, one drop four times a day after cleaning her eyes. Please wash your hands after touching and cleaning her e...  Read Full »

What can be done for eye irritation with sticky tendency?

Query: Hello doctor, The patient is suffering from irritation in eyes for many days. It seems that some pollen is annoying and she rubs her eyes to remove it. She washes with water and uses rose water and Ciprofloxacin eye drops in her eyes. But she is not getting relief. Now her eyes have sticking tenden...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pollen has a notorious tendency to cause allergic conjunctivitis. The predominant symptom in allergic conjunctivitis is eye rubbing. When the patients rub their eyes, whatever dust or germs are there on their fingers go into their eyes. Thus setting up an infection. ...  Read Full »

Why am I having pain in head and neck?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from headaches and pains in my head and neck for almost two months now. I originally thought it all came from a back injury that caused a lot of anxiety as I have an anxiety disorder. I was even treated for a sinus infection because it has been so long since the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand that you had a back injury, which you feel has been causing headache and neck pain. I agree with you, a back injury can lead to neck pains, which can give a feeling of a referred headache. The best way to fix this would be to see an orthopedic specialist...  Read Full »

What can be done for stye in a child?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 5 years old, weight 19.5 kg. He has got a stye kind of boil in his right upper and lower eyelid. Yesterday afternoon, I noticed it in the upper eyelid. I applied the paste of white clay stick and applied oil for his hair to reduce his body temperature. But now, there is another...  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, there is inflammation over eyelids (Stye) (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You can use Toba eye drop 3 to 4 times a day for five days. He can take a plain pain killer like Crocin 7.5 ml thrice a day. Do not apply anything except eye drop. You can use...  Read Full »

Can inhaling enamel paint residual fumes cause health issues?

Query: Hello doctor, I (66 years, 145 lbs) am using a can of enamel paint in my basement. Total of 1 to 2 minutes. Had a mask on then took it off while I cleaned up 5 to 10 inhaling residual fumes. However, the mask was old. I know I should not have done it inside. Can this cause any health issues? Ran an...  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The paints usually have toxic chemicals, which on long-term continuous inhalation (more than one month) definitely can accumulate sufficiently in lung and body, to produce the toxic effect. This can happen for the painting professionals without proper precautions. In y...  Read Full »

Why am I having itching and white discharge from eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an eye problem, eye itching, irritating eye, white thread discharge, and facing these problems for the past one year.  Read Full »

Dr. Skandha Harshita

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your symptoms, I could understand that you are suffering from allergic conjunctivitis. It is a common problem in people with allergies of nose and lungs. I would prescribe Olopatadine eye drops, one drop four times a day. Artificial eye drops one drop four times ...  Read Full »