Eye Irritation

A 10-year-old boy I know has redness and itching in the eye; what might be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, A 10 year old boy I know seems to have an eye allergy. The redness of the eyes started when he was eight. He rubs his eyes as they itch him, especially during sunset and before bedtime. His eyesight has been examined and found to be normal. His uncle, 32 years old, had the same issue ...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandrashekhar Kale

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity) do suggest that he is suffering from allergic conjunctivitis. It is treated with steroid eye drops and anti allergic eyedrops and lubricating eye drops. But, the dose has to be titrated by an eye doctor after ...  Read Full »

I have dryness in my eyes in winter and it causes discomfort. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with dryness in the eyes five years back. It happens only during winter. I had irritation in the eyes, which was somewhat relieved by washing with water. I was advised to use Lubrex-DS eye drops three times a day. It is no longer giving me relief. The use of Lubrex-DS ...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay U. Nayak

Answer: Hello, Welcome back to icliniq.com. Dry eye is a prevalent condition seen in all ages. A common cause of dry eye is Meibomian gland dysfunction. Very likely, you could have it. I suggest hot compresses with lid massage to cure it, meaning take warm or hot (not very hot) water in a bowl, dip a ...  Read Full »

I feel pain, pressure, and itching in my right eye. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 34 year old male. I often have a right sided headache, and a pressure sensation. I feel like there is some movement on the right side of my head. I went to my physician and he ordered a CAT scan and blood tests. All the reports were normal, but the CAT scan said that I have a s...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. Firstly, you do not have glaucoma. This is called diurnal variation. Glaucoma is a blinding condition if left untreated. But, not all patients go blind, It is well controlled by medical treatment. A headache could be beca...  Read Full »

I have a sore throat, body pain, headache, and burning eyes. Kindly help me.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a sore throat, and I have body pain, but I do not have any fever at all. Headaches come and go. My eyes feel like it is burning. I am not sure if this is over fatigue by working the whole day with a computer in front of me. I am taking Paracetamol Biogesic. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. N. Ashok Viswanath

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to icliniq.com. Prolonged working with a computer can cause eye irritation and headache. Prolonged sitting in the same position can cause body pain due to increased muscle stiffness during sitting. Your symptoms are probably due to overworking with the computer along with the hu...  Read Full »

How many days will it take to open my eye after eye surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I met with an accident and glass went inside my eyes. I got stitches inside the eye and on my eyelashes. I am not still able to open my eye after five days. My vision is clear. X-ray and CT scan reports are also normal. After how many days will I be able to open my eye?  Read Full »

Dr. David J Mathew

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, you have undergone suturing inside your eye, which means that you had a corneal or conjunctival injury. Your treating ophthalmologist will remove the sutures when adequate healing has taken place. As long as the sutures are there you will ha...  Read Full »

Can pepper spray cause permanent damage?

Query: Hi doctor, Could an accidental use of pepper spray cause any permanent harm to eyes?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it may cause permanent harm. But, the injury depends on the type of damage done to the eye. Otherwise, it can be washed immediately and get the treatment done to prevent any permanent damage. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online -...  Read Full »

What could be the pimple that causes eye irritation and pain with discharge?

Query: Hello doctor, May I please consult on behalf of my senior citizen mother who has been suffering from eye irritation for the past four days. She tells me that last month, a pimple-like thing grew in the lower portion of her left eye. After about three days, a yellowish substance was expelled therefr...  Read Full »

Dr. Angeline Bonne Pati Regadio

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your mother’s signs and symptoms, she may be suffering from hordeolum, it is an acute infection caused by bacteria. It can recur. It is more common in adults. It is usually self-limited and can improve in one or two weeks. Medical therapy for hor...  Read Full »

How to treat redness and discomfort in iris due to poking?

Query: Hi doctor, I have type 1 diabetes. My eyes got poked on the right side of my iris and it is little red there is no blood. However, the right side of my sclera has red veins and it is causing a blurry vision and a little discomfort in my eyes. I tried rinsing water in my eyes many times but that did...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest you to send me pictures of your eyes for the correct treatment. Otherwise you can start using eyedrop Moxifloxacin and eyedrop Carboxymethyl cellulose both one drop four times a day for two weeks in the affected eye. I hope this helps.  Read Full »

What is the treatment for redness, sensitivity, irritation of eye and one sided nose blockage?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a problem in my left eye. I am often getting tears in my left eye, and it is causing banging pain in the left side of the head. A kind of headache starts beside my eyes, causing irritation, and feeling sensitivity for light. How can it be treated? What is the recomended me...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is there any redness or blurring of vision? Do you have a headache all the time or more when you wake up from sleep? Is there any family history of glaucoma? All the above details are necessary because you have not explained your headache or any kind of eye problem. ...  Read Full »

I am facing too much cold. Kindly suggest medicines to withstand the cold.

Query: Hello doctor, I am facing too much cold (almost every day), whereas during my last four-year stay in the previous place, even for a single day, I never had a cold. All medicine like Avil, Sinarest, Citragin, etc. failed and almost all home remedies also. Please suggest to me which medicine will giv...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the symptoms detailed, you have allergic rhinitis. Do you have a history of sinusitis? Sinus tenderness which can be elicited by applying pressure over your head, on cheek bones? Do you have congestion or blocked nose? Well the main cause of allergic rhinitis is...  Read Full »