Q. Randomly, my eyes go out of focus after a long screen time. What can be done?

Dr. Prashant Koranmath
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I have been wearing prescription glasses for around seven years and recently got a pair with blue light lenses. I am a female studying a course and I am seeing screen for multiple hours a day due to my online classes. I started to have my problem before a month. Randomly, every now and then my eyes go out of focus. I have a feeling that I have cross-eyes. It looks so strange. This happens randomly while doing my homework or just in a day while doing other works. But I have them with control. I showed this to the people around me and they told me that they cannot see a noticeable difference. I have tried 20-20-20 rule and it did not help me. I am tired and my mum feels that it occurs due to increased screen time spend on computers. Am I losing my vision? I need your advice. Please help.

#

It can occur due to increased strain on the eyes. Using computers and smartphones can cause dry eyes due to decreased blink rate. Take frequent breaks. Look at the far objects as the eyes get strained at looking at close objects for a long time. Keep brightness at minimum range. You can use Refresh Liquigel eye drops (Carboxyl Methylcellulose) three times a day. You can use antiglare glasses. You can do pencil exercises to strengthen your eye muscles.

|