Q. Will a pulsed dye laser treatment affect the threads of my previous thread lift procedure?

Dr. Kuljyot Bajaj
and medically reviewed by Dr.Meera Premanand

I had an Aptos thread lift early this year. Recently, I had a VBeam laser treatment. Have I damaged my threads? I appreciate your help.

#

How do you know if the threads have been damaged? When was the procedure done? Do you have any underlying medical conditions? Please elaborate on your concerns to guide you better.

I do not know if the threads have been damaged; my face seems fine. However, I do worry that the VBeam laser could have hurt them somehow. I had the VBeam laser two weeks ago. I have no underlying conditions. Please help.

#

VBeam or pulse dye laser does not usually penetrate deeper tissues where the threads are inserted during a facelift procedure. Hence it is unlikely that it will cause any damage. However, there is a slight possibility of thread migration with time, which can sometimes give rise to facial asymmetry. I can reassure you of that. If you feel your face is fine, nothing needs to be done. However, if you think your look is asymmetrical, then please get in touch with your surgeon. I hope this helps.

|