Q. I have a bad relationship with my parents. What to do?

Dr. Awadhesh P. Singh Solanki
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 09, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 13, 2021

I have a bad relationship with my parents. We do not understand each other, and I do not know what to do and what not to do. It is frustrating me. Please help.

#

Thanks for this query.

• I can understand your concern regarding your relationship with your parents. This is because of the generation gap. Conflicts between the ideology are the cause. It is a major issue in the late 20s and early 30s. The solution is communication.
  • Parents are overprotective because of safety concerns. It will be best if you talk to them and make them understand that you can take care of yourself. These issues are temporary and will get solved by itself with time. Have patience. I have seen the same generation gap issues.

Hope my answer helped you. Regards.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|