Q. My husband behaves weirdly in the bedroom. What is wrong with him?

Answered by
Dr. Aditya Gupta
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 13, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 28, 2022

Hello doctor,

I got married six months ago. My husband behaves weirdly in the bedroom. And he is using psychiatric medicine. Those are Limbitrol, Flutop 60, Prolol TR 40, Ventab plus for three months, and Sildenafil too, but it is not effective. He keeps locking himself, avoids me, washes things repeatedly, repeats things, and is scared when I am beside him. He is saying he does not feel like having sex with me. He says he is not getting erections. I asked him to take a semen test as well. The sperm count is 18 million and actively motile 5 % and asthenospermia. Could you please suggest whether he is marriage material or not? My in-laws blame me for not conceiving.



Welcome to

Your husband is suffering from some psychiatric illness, most probably an affective disorder.

The semen analysis report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) suggests asthenospermia, that is, low sperm motility. But all these problems, including erectile dysfunction if present, can be treated, and several treatment options are available.

First of all, make sure he is taking treatment from a psychiatrist and not from a non-specialist, that is, a general practitioner. Support him and say you are with him, and motivate him to share his problems with you. Open communication is the key to a healthy relationship.

Not having a baby is not necessarily your fault; asthenospermia is one reason, and also, to have a baby proper sexual relationship should be there.

To conclude, I would say that every problem has a solution. You just need to try solving it. Help is just a step away.

Feel free to ask if you have any further queries.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
Sexual Problems in Young Men

It is very embarrassing for men to discuss their sexual problems with anyone, even a doctor ... But, I would like to tell these men that sexual problems are very commonly seen in men ... Other ...   Read full

How can I control anger and anxiety?

.. please provide more details about the problem? Do you think that the anger issues are persistent since years or are these issues occurring in episodes? Like you become irritable and have anger outbursts for a few weeks and then you are totally alr...   Read full

Do subserous fibroids affect fertility?

My husband's semen analysis was reported as asthenoteratozoospermia ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Coronavirus Variant Arcturus: | Omicron XBB.1.16 Variant
Arcturus is an emerging variant of the Omicron virus that causes various symptoms and spreads rapidly across the world. ...  Read more»
Adrenaline Rush - Symptoms, Causes, Effects, and How to Control
Adrenaline is a hormone responsible for fight or flight response. It is also a neurotransmitter and medicine. It is also...  Read more»
Fatty Liver - Types, Symptoms, Stages, and Treatment
The liver is the largest gland in the body. Its primary function is to process the food and drinks we consume. and filte...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a Psychiatrist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.