Q. My husband behaves weirdly in the bedroom. What is wrong with him?

Dr. Aditya Gupta

I got married six months ago. My husband behaves weirdly in the bedroom. And he is using psychiatric medicine. Those are Limbitrol, Flutop 60, Prolol TR 40, Ventab plus from three months and Sildenafil too, but it is not effective.He keeps locking himself, avoids me, washing things repeatedly, repeats things and is scared when I am beside him. He is saying he does not feel like having sex with me. He says he is not getting erections. I asked him to take a semen test as well. The sperm count is 18 million and actively motile 5 % and asthenospermia. Could you please suggest whether he is marriage material or not. My in-laws blame me for not conceiving.

#

Your husband is suffering from some psychiatric illness most probably an affective disorder.

Semen analysis report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is suggestive of asthenospermia, that is, low sperm motility. But all these problems including erectile dysfunction if present can be treated and several treatment options are available.

First of all make sure he is taking treatment from a psychiatrist and not from a non-specialist, that is, a general practitioner. Support him and say you are with him and motivate him to share his problems with you. Open communication is the key for a healthy relationship.

Not having a baby is not necessarily your fault, asthenospermia is one reason, and also to have a baby proper sexual relationship should be there.

To conclude, I would say that every problem has a solution. You just need to try solving it. Help is just a step away.

Feel free to ask if you have any further queries.

For more information consult a psychiatrist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/psychiatrist

|