Q. I am a young mother constantly having tiredness, body pain and headache. Please guide me.

I am a 26 year old female. I am a mother of a 3 year old boy. I have been feeling tiredness, body pain and headache for the last one month. My pre-pregnancy weight was 58 kg. Now I weigh 66 kg. Am I facing these issues due to my weight? Also, I went for a blood test recently. Most of the values seem normal, except for a slight variation in RBC, PDW, MCHC, monocyte, and basophil absolute count. Please find the attachment and guide me.

#

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• There is no significant abnormality present in the reports. All the values are within limits. Diabetes, thyroid problem and anemia can be excluded from these reports.
  • Here are a few possible causes for fatigue:
  1. Lack of sleep.
  2. Stress.
  3. Exertion.
  4. Lack of exercise.
  • If you are stressed, or any of the other factors are present, then try to correct it. Physiotherapy exercise and meditation will be beneficial for you.
  • Headache can also possibly be due to the above-mentioned reasons, or as part of a tension headache. Your neurological and physical examination should be done. If required, NCV (nerve conduction velocity) testing and EMG (electromyogram) investigation can be done to rule out nerve related or muscular problems.
  • If no significant cause is found, then it could be from chronic fatigue syndrome, for which Amitriptyline drug prescribed. Get your blood pressure checked.

Take care. Hope your concern is solved.

For more information consult a hematologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/hematologist

|