Q. I am 15 weeks pregnant. Is it safe to go for a swim?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I am 15 weeks pregnant. Is it right to go swimming in a pool now?

#

If you know swimming before pregnancy, then you can do it in pregnancy also. Have few precautionary steps. If you do not have a risk of threatened miscarriage, low lying placenta or other complications, then there is a need to avoid overexertion in pregnancy when you go swimming. Try to warm up and cool down yourself gradually. Do not do overexertion.

If you feel tired, come out of the pool immediately. If you are not feeling well, then it is better to avoid swimming. Do not swim in deep waters. Try to have someone with you while going swimming. Try to avoid swimming in late pregnancy and if you have any abnormal symptoms like breathlessness, abdominal pain, nausea, and vomiting.

|