Q. I have a constant soreness on the left side of my head and face. What is the cause?

Dr. Penchilaprasad Kandikattu
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 22, 2020 and last reviewed on: Mar 04, 2021

I have a constant sore pain on the left side of my head. The pain seems to be like I have hit myself into something. It seems to be sore and tender. It is present along the left side of the face also. I have constant ringing in my left ear. I also have some electric shock behind the occipital bone below the left ear. I started to have this problem when I was 20 years old. But during that time, it was not so bad. Now I am 49 years old and my pain is constant and severe. It affects my gums, teeth, and left side of the body. I have tingling, numbness, dizziness, and imbalance in the body. I have done a CT scan and MRI. All the results were negative. The doctor suggested me to do different blood works and all the results came back negative. This gives me a lot of anxiety. I do not know the cause of these symptoms. Please suggest.

#

The possible causes are fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome or vitamin D deficiency or B12 deficiency or migrainous headache. It is difficult to confirm the condition until the examination is done. You can take tablet Naproxen 250 mg twice a day for five days. Avoid having cold drinks and ice creams. You can do regular exercise and yoga. Avoid drinking alcohol. If there is no improvement in symptoms, then you can do serum B12, serum vitamin D, and serum electrolytes. Consult a neuro physician soon and treat the condition accordingly.

|