Fentanyl

Can Fentanyl and Suboxone be taken together?

Query: Hello doctor, I am getting a cardiac cath this morning. I am currently on Suboxone 12 mg, 6 in AM and 6 in PM. When I asked what they will be using to sedate, they said Fentanyl and Versed. I asked for Profol but got no answer. I spoke to a male nurse, not an anesthesiologist. If the Fenytal overri...  Read Full »

Dr. Balaramareddy

Anesthesiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, for cardiac procedure anesthesiologist will prefer Fentanyl than Propofol because Fentanyl is opioid and it causes good pain relief and sedation and there is a high probability of heart stability and the chances of losing your breath and consciousness with Fent...  Read Full »

I am allergic to Fentanyl, Propofol, and Versed. What are the alternatives?

Query: Hello doctor, I will be facing major surgery for stage three lung cancer contained in the left lobe. I am extremely allergic to Fentanyl, Propofol, and Versed. Are there any alternatives to these anesthetics? I am currently on Synthroid.  Read Full »

Dr. Sukhdev Garg

Anesthesiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are allergic to these agents, I suggest you undergo a detailed allergy test with various agents so that you will be able to know which agents are safer for you. There are so many agents and techniques available nowadays in the field of anesthesia. If you are a...  Read Full »

Why is there shocking sensation in arms in an IV drug user?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an IV drug user, street-level Fentanyl and Carfentanyl specifically and I am getting big deep scabby like sores all over my arms where I am using IV. Now I am noticing electrical currents shocking my arms both at exactly the same time, especially when I take deeper breaths I have...  Read Full »

Dr. Albana Greca

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am really sorry to know that you are an IV drug user. I hope you will start quitting the drug, life is a beautiful gift, so do not throw it away like this. Get helped by family or friends or even by a specialist to be drug-free. You deserve a better life, but not l...  Read Full »

What is the alternative to Versed and Fentanyl?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife recently had a renal angioplasty and the sedation did not work. She had Versed and Fentanyl. It seemed to get her wired. What are the alternatives if she needs another procedure? Thanks.  Read Full »

Dr. Kiran Kumar Kolla Gopalkrishna

Anesthesiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I recommend her to go for MAC (monitored anesthesia care) or if she is very apprehensive she can be given GA (general anesthesia). The anesthetist has to assess for airway, if not in difficult intubation category. He or she can give Remifentanil infusion with Propofo...  Read Full »

Is it dangerous to have anesthesia in combination with my sleep medicine?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 41 year old female. I have a question about anesthesia. I need to get a surgery on my foot to cut down a bump on a bone. The doctor said it is only going to be a twenty-minute procedure and I will be able to leave the hospital the same day. I take the medication Clozaril for a s...  Read Full »

Dr. Vansh Priya

Anesthesiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Continue your medication as advised. Just skip it on the day of the surgery. In the most likelihood, the excision of your bone bump will be done under a local anesthesia and this medication will not affect anesthesia or vice versa. So, just sit back and relax. Have a s...  Read Full »