Q. What causes shocking sensation in arms in an IV drug user?

Dr. Albana Greca

I am an IV drug user, street-level Fentanyl and Carfentanyl specifically and I am getting big deep scabby like sores all over my arms where I am using IV. Now I am noticing electrical currents shocking my arms both at exactly the same time, especially when I take deeper breaths I have noticed.

#

I am really sorry to know that you are an IV drug user. I hope you will start quitting the drug, life is a beautiful gift, so do not throw it away like this. Get helped by family or friends or even by a specialist to be drug-free. You deserve a better life, but not like this.

The problems with deep breathing electrical currents when injecting drug is due to drugs injected. Perhaps the dose was higher than normal or not injected inside the vein. Or injection speed was fast, in other words, is due to the drug injected. Plus, sores all over your arms are infected, need to keep well clean, wash with warm water and soap, rinse well, dry well. Then, apply alcoholic swab, plus Betadine on the sores followed by triple antibiotic ointment. If no improvement, you should consult further with your physician.

|