Q. I get chills and fever only at midnight with mosquito bite exposure. Please help.

Dr. Manju Jayasimha Pula Jayaram
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 06, 2020 and last reviewed on: Aug 29, 2020

For the last three days, I got a fever with chills between 2 AM to 4 AM. Remaining time all day no fever but having a headache. Recently, I had many mosquito bites. I am currently on paracetamol 650.

Dr. Manju Jayasimha Pula Jayaram

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Mostly, it will be infectious causes that we will have to rule out first. Since you are already taking Paracetamol, that would be enough in terms of medications. But it is already three days, and we will have to get the blood tests done.

We need to see

1. Complete blood count.

2. Dengue/malaria test if those diseases are common in your area.

3. And yes, most importantly, we have to get the COVID-19 test done too. Even though you share the history of mosquito bites, we cannot move ahead without ruling out COVID-19 infection.

I strongly recommend calling your local doctor before visiting and they will guide you. Meanwhile, until you get tested, take precautions to protect your family members.

I also recommend you not to delay checking with your local doctor or health department. Other tests and medications may be according to any other symptoms you may have or what your doctor suggests as per examination findings.

|