Chills

Are the heaviness in head, ringing in ears, nausea, and chills due to rhinitis?

Query: Hello doctor, About two years ago, I had a series of recurring malaria fever. But the doctor suggested a urine MCS test. The result showed I had an infection (UTI). I was treated, but the UTI recurred, and treated again. I had a motor vehicle accident six years ago, which resulted in a head concus...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your words carefully. According to the CT scan, the sinus polyp is not huge enough to cause a strong throbbing headache. The polyp can be treated by intranasal corticosteroid spray or even surgery in case of medical treatment failure. The other sympto...  Read Full »

Should I go to the hospital for my tuberculosis treatment?

Query: I recently had a blood test that came back positive for Tuberculosis. Since than I have had trouble booking an appointment with a specialist, and was wondering if I should go the hospital? I have symptoms that include: Fever, chills, night sweats, tiny amount of blood in my spit which didn’t last,...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Thanks for your query. It's recommended that you visit hospital and get further testing and treatment done. I am not sure how you got tuberculosis but there is a definite treatment, standardised worldwide. Directly observed treatment, short-course (DOTS, also known as TB-DOTS) is the name given to ...  Read Full »

How to manage Salmonella typhi infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been feeling hot all over my body for the past few weeks with body weakness, diarrhea, muscle weakness, feeling cold, and chills. I was diagnosed with Salmonella typhi after a sample of my blood was taken and tested. I was given medications, but symptoms persist after finishing dr...  Read Full »

Dr. Afifa Nighat

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope you are doing well. Your signs and symptoms suggest intestinal infection, which could be due to typhoid or viral infections such as COVID-19 or hepatitis A. But if your blood culture showed Salmonella typhi organisms, then it is the likely cause. It would hav...  Read Full »

Why am I suffering from chills, reddish bumps on the throat, and ear pain?

Query: I have thrist reddishness with small bumps in the throat (at the back of throat) small sort of ear pain feel of something caught in throat sometimes bot everytime food caught on chest feel. I had consulted a gastro doctor he examined it using endoscopy everything was fine. The throat reddishness and...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq, As per your history, it seems you are suffering from chronic granular pharyngitis. Chronic granular pharyngitis have an alteration in the mucous membrane of the pharynx. They are aggravated by acid reflux, allergens, viral and bacterial infection. For now as you are havi...  Read Full »

Can mild sore throat and diarrhea alone signify COVID-19 infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am living abroad and we are under lockdown. We do not go out anywhere and under quarantine at home with stay at home orders in place for area I live in. Groceries are delivered, washed at door, no bags even brought in. House is constantly being cleaned. I have not been out for over ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Ramakrishnan

General Practitioner, Family Physician, Preventive Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned a very detailed health history and i have gone through it. Basically, you need to know the ways to tackle COVID-19 when things are not available at your location. First keep it simple and eat healthy foods with fruits. Take vitamin C tablets. If you ...  Read Full »

Why do I get fever only in midnight?

Query: Hi doctor, For the last three days, I got a fever with chills between 2 AM to 4 AM. Remaining time all day no fever but having a headache. Recently, I had many mosquito bites. I am currently on paracetamol 650.  Read Full »

Dr. Manju Jayasimha Pula Jayaram

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mostly, it will be infectious causes that we will have to rule out first. Since you are already taking Paracetamol, that would be enough in terms of medications. But it is already three days, and we will have to get the blood tests done. We need to see 1. Complete blood c...  Read Full »

Are chills, shortness of breath, and low lymphocyte count symptoms of COVID-19?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old male, non-smoker. My lymphocytes count is dropping during the last three months. It used to be stable during last year. Mysterious COVID-19 like symptoms stated by March chills, SOB, etc. Chest CT clear. CRP 0.5, ESR 2. But my Neutrophil / lymph ratio is increasing. ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Following is my opinion on your asked question. In COVID-19 infection usually, CRP (C-reactive protein) is high which is an inflammatory marker. Your CRP normal. So COVID-19 is less likely. Moreover, you had symptoms since March. COVID-19 usually does not last for such...  Read Full »

What is the reason for my low-grade fever, headache, and internal burning sensation with chills?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a constant low-grade fever, chronic headache, lost of energy, and internal body burning sensation with chills. I have done several tests like HIV, hepatitis B and C , typhoid and malaria. My CBC, blood sugar, urinary and blood culture all came out negative, I am worried as to w...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I can only imagine the level of your anxiety and frustration. I must ask you, have you been having fever for more than 100.5? Because this is what we can say fever, any temperature. Below this is not a fever. I am sure you have been checked repeatedly for this....  Read Full »

I get chills and feel frozen even with a slight cold breeze. What is my problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23-year-old female. I have severe chills that I needed to wear thick sweaters and jackets at home without AC or fan. I do not feel the heat. And just cold water or slight cold breeze in the morning makes my head frozen or close to shutting down and it is getting worse. It always s...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from severe chills that you needed to wear thick warm clothes at home without AC or fan in summer now. Chills are the sensation of feeling cold. Chills are caused by rapid muscle con...  Read Full »

How to confirm the symptoms of Coronavirus?

Query: Hello doctor, Last night I was getting chills, feeling more cold than usual and lightheaded and a lot of burping. Maybe like every 30 minutes or less or so feel more chills running down my body and chest feeling bit weird like I am starting having trouble breathing then goes back to normal and repe...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please answer the following: Any travel history in the last one month? Any use of airports? Any fever, have you checked the temperature? Any cough? Any mucus or phlegm? How is your sleep? Is there any malaise or body aches or weakness?  Read Full »