Chills

Why am I suffering from chills, reddish bumps on the throat, and ear pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have thirst and reddishness with small bumps in the throat (at the back of the throat) and a small sort of ear pain. I feel like something is caught in throat. I had consulted a gastro doctor, and he examined it using endoscopy everything was fine. The throat reddishness and small bump...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your history, it seems you are suffering from chronic granular pharyngitis. Chronic granular pharyngitis alters the mucous membrane of the pharynx. They are aggravated by acid reflux, allergens, a viral and bacterial infection. For now, as you are having p...  Read Full »

What is the reason for recurrent fever with chills and joint pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel chill and feverish with body and joint pain for a few days. I felt normal after taking medicines, but it recurred again. If I go out, I get chill again. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from chilled feverish pain for a few days. According to your investigation reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), platelet count 0.8 lakhs/cu mm (1.5-4.0)...  Read Full »

What is the reason for constant chillness and tingling in the fingers?

Query: Hello doctor, I feel tired and constant diligence and coldness in the limbs with tingling in the fingers and legs. I am not diabetic and sick of high blood pressure and cholesterol. And I have a chronic nose allergy, dry skin, and eye and am tired myself not to know the causes. What are the causes ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. All these symptoms can be associated with hypertension only. So if we control blood pressure and cholesterol, then everything will become normal. Do not worry. Another reason for weakness can be due to vitamin deficiencies, so we have to rule out that. Please tell ...  Read Full »

Should I go to the hospital for my tuberculosis treatment?

Query: I recently had a blood test that came back positive for Tuberculosis. Since than I have had trouble booking an appointment with a specialist, and was wondering if I should go the hospital? I have symptoms that include: Fever, chills, night sweats, tiny amount of blood in my spit which didn’t last,...  Read Full »

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician, Infectious Diseases Specialist

Answer: Thanks for your query. It's recommended that you visit hospital and get further testing and treatment done. I am not sure how you got tuberculosis but there is a definite treatment, standardised worldwide. Directly observed treatment, short-course (DOTS, also known as TB-DOTS) is the name given to ...  Read Full »

Are the heaviness in head, ringing in ears, nausea, and chills due to rhinitis?

Query: Hello doctor, About two years ago, I had a series of recurring malaria fever. But the doctor suggested a urine MCS test. The result showed I had an infection (UTI). I was treated, but the UTI recurred, and treated again. I had a motor vehicle accident six years ago, which resulted in a head concus...  Read Full »

Dr. Mohammed Osama Aboborda

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your words carefully. According to the CT scan, the sinus polyp is not huge enough to cause a strong throbbing headache. The polyp can be treated by intranasal corticosteroid spray or even surgery in case of medical treatment failure. The other sympto...  Read Full »

How to manage Salmonella typhi infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been feeling hot all over my body for the past few weeks with body weakness, diarrhea, muscle weakness, feeling cold, and chills. I was diagnosed with Salmonella typhi after a sample of my blood was taken and tested. I was given medications, but symptoms persist after finishing dr...  Read Full »

Dr. Afifa Nighat

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I hope you are doing well. Your signs and symptoms suggest intestinal infection, which could be due to typhoid or viral infections such as COVID-19 or hepatitis A. But if your blood culture showed Salmonella typhi organisms, then it is the likely cause. It would hav...  Read Full »

Can mild sore throat and diarrhea alone signify COVID-19 infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I am living abroad and we are under lockdown. We do not go out anywhere and under quarantine at home with stay at home orders in place for area I live in. Groceries are delivered, washed at door, no bags even brought in. House is constantly being cleaned. I have not been out for over ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Ramakrishnan

General Practitioner, Family Physician, Preventive Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned a very detailed health history and i have gone through it. Basically, you need to know the ways to tackle COVID-19 when things are not available at your location. First keep it simple and eat healthy foods with fruits. Take vitamin C tablets. If you ...  Read Full »

Why do I get fever only in midnight?

Query: Hi doctor, For the last three days, I got a fever with chills between 2 AM to 4 AM. Remaining time all day no fever but having a headache. Recently, I had many mosquito bites. I am currently on paracetamol 650.  Read Full »

Dr. Manju Jayasimha Pula Jayaram

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Mostly, it will be infectious causes that we will have to rule out first. Since you are already taking Paracetamol, that would be enough in terms of medications. But it is already three days, and we will have to get the blood tests done. We need to see 1. Complete blood c...  Read Full »

Are chills, shortness of breath, and low lymphocyte count symptoms of COVID-19?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old male, non-smoker. My lymphocytes count is dropping during the last three months. It used to be stable during last year. Mysterious COVID-19 like symptoms stated by March chills, SOB, etc. Chest CT clear. CRP 0.5, ESR 2. But my Neutrophil / lymph ratio is increasing. ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Following is my opinion on your asked question. In COVID-19 infection usually, CRP (C-reactive protein) is high which is an inflammatory marker. Your CRP normal. So COVID-19 is less likely. Moreover, you had symptoms since March. COVID-19 usually does not last for such...  Read Full »

What is the reason for my low-grade fever, headache, and internal burning sensation with chills?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a constant low-grade fever, chronic headache, lost of energy, and internal body burning sensation with chills. I have done several tests like HIV, hepatitis B and C , typhoid and malaria. My CBC, blood sugar, urinary and blood culture all came out negative, I am worried as to w...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I can only imagine the level of your anxiety and frustration. I must ask you, have you been having fever for more than 100.5? Because this is what we can say fever, any temperature. Below this is not a fever. I am sure you have been checked repeatedly for this....  Read Full »