Q. My 3 year old daughter has fever. Can I give her Meftal and Novamox?

Dr. Muhammad Asif
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My daughter has a fever since last night. It has been 24 hours, and her fever is between 102 and 103.5 degrees Fahrenheit. She has no other symptom till now. She is 3 years old. We are giving Pharmadol tablets. Can I give Meftal P and Novamox 125?

Dr. Muhammad Asif

Paediatrics
#

• I will not recommend Meftal (Mefenamic acid) or Novamox (Amoxicillin) at this time. There are many different reasons for fever at this age including viral infections, upper respiratory infections, urinary tract infections.
  • A fever means the body is trying to fight infection. And it is fine to give fever medication like Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen for fever. If her fever lasts more than three days, or if the fever is more than 104, then she needs to be seen by her doctor, so that they can take a look on her and do any urine testing if needed to rule out urinary infections.
  • The most common reason is viral infections, and the fever gets better with supportive care and fever medication and fluids without the need for antibiotics. You do not need to give antibiotics at this point.

For more information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|