Fibromyalgia

Why are there positive ANA, chronic fatigue with lightheadedness?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 23-year-old female. I have positive ANA, chronic fatigue, and lightheadedness. Also, inflammation markers are elevated. I currently take Adderall 20 mg twice a day, and Prozac 40 mg once in a day. And I also performed laboratory tests like CBC, LDH, and CMP.  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing. I have gone through your query. There seem to be some doubts about the reports, and I would like to know the history in some more detail. As per the history: 1. Since how long have you been experiencing fatigue? Is it worse during the day or at...  Read Full »

Can lupus result in extreme fatigue and episodes of unresponsiveness?

Query: Medications-Levothyroxine 137.5 mcg,Lisinopril 40 mg,MetforminXR 500 mg twice daily,prescription strength Iron. I have hypothyroidism,Hashimotos disease,high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes(pre diabetic range) I was diagnosed with microcytosis in July. I also have Fibromyalgia. I am extremely fatigu...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupoor Acharya

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq. Your symptoms are unlikely to be entirely due to fibromyalgia or hypothyroidism. You have photosensitivity, likely Raynaud's phenomenon, annd arthritis. These symptoms could be seen in lupus or mixed connective tissue disease. Also you had a neurological episode which cou...  Read Full »

Can RA result in pain in different parts of the body?

Query: Hi Docter Age : 37 Height : 5.7 Weight : 72 issue : From past 20 days having pain in body sometimes it will be on ankle (foot backside) and and on both knee front and back side and neck pain back pain and difficulty in standing after toilet seat.Now a days i will angry very soon sometime numbness ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupoor Acharya

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello. Welcome toicliniq Your symptoms and your blood tests are not suggestive of rheumatoid arthritis. However, this pattern of joint and back pain is seen in another form of arthritis, spondyloarthropathy. I would like to know if you have stiffness in the morning, any hip or buttock pains? This...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest diagnosis for weakness in legs and tingling in limbs.

Query: Hello doctor, I have muscle weakness in my right leg, numb and tingling in limbs. My right leg feels like it could buckle when I walk and cannot feel it when I scratch my calves. I am worried that I have something wrong with my nerves or I am developing something like MS or AlS.  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details about your symptoms. As you mentioned that after your infection before few months, neuropathy came into play, I would like to know the details of neuropathy and its symptoms since that time. What symptoms had you developed at tha...  Read Full »

Can Lyme disease remain asymptomatic for about 20 years?

Query: Hello doctor, Can you have Lyme disease for 20 years and not know until now? I am diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2001. The same year, I went camping and came home with tick. Tick was found and removed by a physical therapist. I feel all symptoms of Lyme disease. My fingers are curling at the first ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajiv Ranjan Kumar

Rheumatologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Lyme disease is generally divided into three phases: early localized, early disseminated, and late phase. Late Lyme disease occurs months to a few years after the onset of infection and may not be preceded by a history of early localized or disseminated Lyme disease. Ar...  Read Full »

I feel numbness and fatigue with random body pain. Do they imply lupus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an active 31-year-old male and I have been dealing with a number of issues related to numbness, fatigue, weakness, weak hands, shaking, burning mouth, and random pains in my body. I went to a neurologist to get a bunch of tests. I tested positive ANA specifically for DNA (DS) ant...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajiv Ranjan Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you have may occur due to various reasons commonly fibromyalgia or multivitamin deficiencies. The classical symptoms of lupus are fever, oral ulcers, photosensitivity rash, joint pain, swelling, kidney problems, alopecia, etc. ANA (antinuclear antibodies...  Read Full »

Can fibromyalgia result in intense pain between the neck and shoulder?

Query: I'm a 21 year old female. I have have very intense pain right between my neck and shoulder for a year now. It feels like a "pulling" sensation. It hurts to sit without a back on a chair, lifting the laundry basket hurts and so does sitting down to do any type of activity(folding clothes, driving) I...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratap Vgm

Diabetologist

Answer: Dear madam Welcome to icliniq As appears from the query you are suffering from chronic neck and shoulder pain which aggravates on physical activity. You are taking analgesics to the maximum dosages but still pain not relieved. MRI scan is normal.. These are the stricking points that I got ...  Read Full »

Are muscle spasm, fibromyalgia, and body imbalance signs of lupus disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I have muscle spasms, headaches, severe fibromyalgia, burning, and stabbing sensation throughout my whole body with imbalance problems. I had these problems for several years. Few years back, I had whiplash. Rheumatologist is checking for possible signs of lupus and other illnesses an...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, your problem is muscle spasms, headache, severe fibromyalgia, burning, and stabbing sensation throughout the whole body with balance problems. According to your investigation report (attachment removed to prot...  Read Full »

What could cause stiffness in back without muscle weakness and morning joint pains?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37-year-old male. I am an IT employee with chronic back muscle tightness but no pain at all in the thoracic region along the spine between shoulder blades and lats and traps and neck area for six months. It started with mild discomfort and progressed slowly. When side bending o...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stiffness in the upper and middle back and shoulder blade muscles without any weakness and joint pain which is more in the morning hours. MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) spine shows some degenerative disc diseases and you also tried muscle relaxant without any impro...  Read Full »

Are my symptom related to the two positive ANA markers?

Query: I have 2 positive ANA markers, Speckled and Nucleolar. I had a high white blood count for an entire year ending in a bone marrow aspiration that only showed normal anemia. I have chronic all over body pain that is deep and constant, especially in my thighs and upper arms. I get ulcers on my scalp th...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajiv Ranjan Kumar

Answer: Hi, Positive ANA doesn’t mean autoimmune disease specially 2 plus but it can be. Body pain or muscle pain can be due to fibromyalgia. U need evaluation for ulcers over scalp from dermatologist. The best thing is to also consult a Rheumatologist personally for detailed evaluation and examinati...  Read Full »