Fibromyalgia

What is the correlation between fibromyalgia and disc bulge?

Query: Hello doctor, I just want to confirm with you that fibromyalgia does not cause bulging discs. My workman's company blamed my fibromyalgia for disc bulging because in the past I have had headaches and neck pain with my fibro. The bulging disc pain was within three hours (numb, hurting, tingling a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. Fibromyalgia is still a less understood illness with pain and discomfort involving muscles and bones and the main feature includes that it is puzzling or difficult to identify. It is elusive a...  Read Full »

Is it possibile for chronic joint pain and stiffness to occur only with vitamin D deficiency?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had many years of health problems including severe joint pain, inability to lose weight, chronic fatigue, transient pains, and abdominal pains that seem to come and go in cycles sometimes lasting for days or even months. I have a medical phobia, so have not been to the doctor ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and blood reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I found a few abnormalities which I would like to ask a few more details on and also some more questions pertaining to your problem which would help us reach a conc...  Read Full »

Do extreme fatigue, achy joints with psoriasis in hands and leg possibly lupus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 57 years old with extreme fatigue, achy joints in hands and feet especially during the first hours in the morning or after resting. I have psoriasis in hand, elbow, leg, and behind one ear and vitiligo over 80% of my body. I get random low-grade fevers and develop rashes when in ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Considering the symptoms and medications you are taking, I would like to know a few more details. How is the sleep pattern? Do you get enough sleep or is it disturbed? Any early mornin...  Read Full »

Do persistent body pain with intense pain in extremities symptoms of cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 33 years old and weighs about 86 kg. My whole body hurts. I got pain all over the body, pain in legs and hands. Pain is persistent all the time mostly in the lower feet and hand. I am having pain for the past three months. I just had an appointment with my doctor. He ordered some...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I have gone through your history and the reports attached.(attachment removed to protect patient identity). All the reports are normal. I could not find the reports of liver function tests there, but I suppose your doctor had already looked into it. Do not w...  Read Full »

I suffer from chronic muscular pain, fatigue and neck stiffness. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 31-year-old male. I am suffering from muscle pain for more than four years. It has just become worse and I could not get a diagnosis until now. It started as an ankle and calf pain four years ago and slowly progressed upward. At present I experience severe bilateral pain in th...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the complaints with chronic muscular pain, fatigue to be your main symptoms. Do you have any urinary problems like pain during passing urine, frequency, urgency? Do you have any history of weakness in the muscles in the form of difficulty in wal...  Read Full »

Please interpret the findings of MRI spine.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I have low back pain with bilateral hiop and leg pain to the knees for several years. I have fibromyalgia, scoliosis and my left leg is 7m shorter than my right leg. My MRI result indicates: Large broad-based right paracentral disc protrusion at L4-5 and c...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vertebrae has a central canal where the nerves from the brain run to reach the legs. At each vertebrae level, there is a shock absorber called the disc. Often this gets displaced due to the pressure put on it and it starts to put pressure on the nerves that run d...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for excruciating pain in neck, back and shoulders?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. My feet hurt like crazy sometimes even if I stand on them for five minutes (especially in the heel). After a while, the bottom of my feet would burn. I think something is wrong with my brain because I have got my vitals checked and everything seems to be fine. I get...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your symptoms. There are two possible conditions which can present this way. One is fibromyalgia, where there is a pain at multiple sites in the body, some other vague symptoms and when investigated, almost all the tests are fine. Second, a less likely ...  Read Full »

Why does my back pain worsen on walking?

Query: Hello doctor, I have back pain that gets worse on walking. MRI reports did not show anything abnormal. When I walk, my back gets locked. I have been suffering with back problem since 15 years. I have rash across my face that looks similar to acne filled with pus. My blood reports showed uric acid 7....  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The results do not indicate that you have any particular arthritis. The back pain and other symptoms could be a manifestation of fibromyalgia. It is difficult to tell and may require a more detailed evaluation with the rheumatologist. Some medication like...  Read Full »

Can having Cymbalta lead to no sexual drive in a patient with fibromyalgia?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend has fibromyalgia and is currently on Cymbalta and a muscle relaxant. She said she has no desire for sex but it seems she is having sexual dreams. She does not know that she is doing it but it does not make sense to me. When she was on Tramadol, everything was fine unless she...  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is possible that she has no desire or she may be fatigued by the fibromyalgia. Drugs like Cymbalta (Duloxetine) act on neurotransmitters and there is a possibility that they affect a person's emotions and desires. Generally, once the drug goes on for s...  Read Full »

My symptoms are suggestive of parathyroid disorder. Kindly explain.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a female, with 5'4" in height and 155 in weight. I suspect I may have a parathyroid disorder. About two years ago, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Doctor did blood work and also told me Vitamin D was very low. He prescribed high dose Vitamin D. I suffered from my first battle ...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms of fibromyalgia can be explained by Vitamin D deficiency. Now why vitamin D deficiency is there has to be evaluated. There are many causes of Vitamin D deficiency, and yes, hyperparathyroidism is one of the reason. But the prevalence of hyperparathyroid...  Read Full »