Fibromyalgia

What does severe joint pain, stiffness and fatigue with positive ANA indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year-old male. I have been seeing a rheumatologist with no diagnosis, but I have joint pain, blurry vision, and fatigue are getting worse. It feels like my body is shutting down. In terms of tests the only abnormal test I have are positive ANA but no specific antibodies that...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupoor Acharya

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are non-specific and do not fit into a single diagnosis of arthritis. You have not mentioned your joint pains in detail. It will help me understand the pattern of arthritis. Which joints are involved? Do you have swelling, morning stiffness, backache, j...  Read Full »

I have elevated SSA. Can the cause be fibromyalgia or lupus?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 36 year old mother and a veterinarian. I was recently diagnosed with lupus by a rheumatologist. The only abnormality in my blood work was elevated SSA and dsDNA autoantibodies with a speckled pattern. My CBC, UA, and the biochemical panel were normal. My symptoms included severe...  Read Full »

Dr. Srinivasa Chennareddy

Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you do not have any clinical symptoms of lupus, except positive antibodies, we do not label you as lupus. There is a criteria for lupus called SLICC criteria (Systemic Lupus International Collaborating Clinics). It is probably a fibromyalgia-like illness only, but do w...  Read Full »

Does taking dubinor help to treat fibromyalgia?

Query: Hi doctor,I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia before four years. I have severe body pain, sleep disorder, and tiredness after discontinuing medicine for fibromyalgia. For the past nine months, I am taking Dubinor. I am also taking Nortryptomer or Pregaba for a month on and off for two years. I have no...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. As you know the cause for fibromyalgia, only symptomatic treatment is given and I suggest you continue taking medicines for it. If Dubinor does not help you, then we can change the dosage or medicine. Apart from medicine, I suggest you take a ...  Read Full »

Will intake of Penicillin help to reduce high ASO titer levels and generalized body weakness?

Query: Hi doctor,I was feeling tired all the time before few months. I went to a doctor and he asked me to do a ASO titer test with a couple of other tests. The result was 407 IU/mL. So, he told me to take Penicillin for the next three months. After a month, I did another test and visited another doctor. M...  Read Full »

Dr. Vineet Jain

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have fibromyalgia. It is a common post-infection, especially like Covid or post streptococcus infection. The high ASO (antistreptolysin O) titer level indicates that you are resistant to Penicillin or the levels do not correlate with your symptoms. You can do...  Read Full »

What could cause neck and shoulder pain with other neurological symptoms?

Query: Hello doctor, I have neck and shoulder pain, falling sensations, rapid heartbeat, low blood pressure, severe sicca symptoms, nose fluid, lack of air sensation, difficulty breathing, dry eyes, lack of saliva, and lack of sweating, body thermostat has broken. I feel either too cold or too hot, always...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details about your problems. Since when your symptoms started? Also, please describe how your symptoms began and how new symptoms sequentially appeared and worsened with time? Do you have any history of falls while walking or a history of u...  Read Full »

What is the cause of my middle back pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been doing regular exercise like morning walk for about 50 minutes and pranayama, yoga for another 50 minutes. Presently I am experiencing sharp pain in the middle of the back (and little on the left side) for more than 20 days. When I try to identify the pain's exact area by t...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and found that there are two possibilities. 1. Soft tissue inflammation like muscle spasm, fibromyositis, or maybe a postural back pain. 2. Disc prolapse causing reduction of disc space and nerve compression. The good thing is ...  Read Full »

Why are there positive ANA, chronic fatigue with lightheadedness?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 23-year-old female. I have positive ANA, chronic fatigue, and lightheadedness. Also, inflammation markers are elevated. I currently take Adderall 20 mg twice a day, and Prozac 40 mg once in a day. And I also performed laboratory tests like CBC, LDH, and CMP.  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing. I have gone through your query. There seem to be some doubts about the reports, and I would like to know the history in some more detail. As per the history: 1. Since how long have you been experiencing fatigue? Is it worse during the day or at...  Read Full »

Can lupus result in extreme fatigue and episodes of unresponsiveness?

Query: Medications-Levothyroxine 137.5 mcg,Lisinopril 40 mg,MetforminXR 500 mg twice daily,prescription strength Iron. I have hypothyroidism,Hashimotos disease,high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes(pre diabetic range) I was diagnosed with microcytosis in July. I also have Fibromyalgia. I am extremely fatigu...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupoor Acharya

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello. Welcome to icliniq. Your symptoms are unlikely to be entirely due to fibromyalgia or hypothyroidism. You have photosensitivity, likely Raynaud's phenomenon, annd arthritis. These symptoms could be seen in lupus or mixed connective tissue disease. Also you had a neurological episode which cou...  Read Full »

Can RA result in pain in different parts of the body?

Query: Hi Docter Age : 37 Height : 5.7 Weight : 72 issue : From past 20 days having pain in body sometimes it will be on ankle (foot backside) and and on both knee front and back side and neck pain back pain and difficulty in standing after toilet seat.Now a days i will angry very soon sometime numbness ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nupoor Acharya

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello. Welcome toicliniq Your symptoms and your blood tests are not suggestive of rheumatoid arthritis. However, this pattern of joint and back pain is seen in another form of arthritis, spondyloarthropathy. I would like to know if you have stiffness in the morning, any hip or buttock pains? This...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest diagnosis for weakness in legs and tingling in limbs.

Query: Hello doctor, I have muscle weakness in my right leg, numb and tingling in limbs. My right leg feels like it could buckle when I walk and cannot feel it when I scratch my calves. I am worried that I have something wrong with my nerves or I am developing something like MS or AlS.  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know some details about your symptoms. As you mentioned that after your infection before few months, neuropathy came into play, I would like to know the details of neuropathy and its symptoms since that time. What symptoms had you developed at tha...  Read Full »