Fibromyalgia

Why do I get severe joint pain with no disease?

Query: Hello doctor, I get frequently sick with joint and muscle pain and burning legs sometimes feel difficulty walking and climbing stairs. I consulted a physical, he tested ANA and it came back positive but since ESR and CRP are normal he said no need to test further and I am perfectly healthy. But my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to ask you a few more queries. Is your sleep pattern normal? Do you have morning fatigue? How long did the viral last? Any hair fall, oral ulcers, dry eyes, or dry mouth? Any recent irritability or forgetfulness? It more appears to be chronic fatigue sy...  Read Full »

What diagnosis favor symptoms like joint pain, fatigue and irritability with normal ESR?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in the bones, joints of hands and feet especially in the morning upon waking up. It has been consistent for the past couple of months. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a high RA factor and low vitamin D. I would like to take a few more details on the history part. But it would be better if someone can examine the joints as it is a long treatmen...  Read Full »

Can fibromyalgia trigger the pain in particular points in spine and lower back?

Query: Hello doctor, For the last month, I have been suffering with pain on my spine and lower back. When I touch a specific point on my spine the pain is severe. It hurts when I bend or sit it feels very sore. I visited a GP and she said that she thinks it is a muscle insertion that causes the pain but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history and being unable to examine you I can only speculate on the cause. Yes, fibromyalgia can lead to trigger spots like tender areas which can be over the muscle belly or their attachment on the bone. The good thing was that the neurological exam was no...  Read Full »

What can cause vertigo, abdominal pain, headache, and nausea?

Query: over the past 20 hours ive had constant lightheadedness/vertigo, and during the day today ive gradually started feeling nauseous (no vomiting), abdominal pain/cramping, headache, neck stiffness. in the past week ive had some abdominal pain on/off and acid reflux, as well as headaches and general sor...  Read Full »

Dr. K Shanmuganandan

Rheumatologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: hi, thanks for your query the temporal profile suggests mild ongoing inflammation, that is causing the problem. it could be subclinical inflammation and or infection like a stomach bug. also a possibility of drug intolerance. to amphe along with a drug interaction may be suspected. in addition ofc...  Read Full »

What could cause knee problem with stiffness in hands and shoulders other than RA?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old female currently under investigation for RA and have been for a while now. I began having knee problems at the age of 15 (my mother’s problems began in her knees at the age of 13) and the problems remained there for a few years. In the last three to four years...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and blood reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I do have a few queries to help you reach the correct diagnosis. I want to be really sure we are dealing with inflammatory arthritis and so we can modify your medicines...  Read Full »

Is there any pharmacological substitute for Duloxetine?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother is 53 years old, nondiabetic. She is hypertensive (150-100) and having all over body pain, fatigue and morning stiffness. We consulted a neurologist and she was diagnosed with fibromyalgia. She was going about daily activities by using painkiller every day (Innova-MR, Diclo...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your concern, I would explain that morning stiffness is not a typical sign of fibromyalgia, but it could indicate a rheumatological disorder. Coming to this point, considering her slightly elevated erythrosedimentation, I would recommend performing other...  Read Full »

Please suggest best treatment for fibromyalgia.

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a few years ago. Over the past three years, it has gotten much worse. I take Lyrica two times a day and Tramadol as needed for the pain. I still have a great deal of pain every day. The Lyrica makes me feel like I cannot think straight and the Tramado...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fibromyalgia is a very frustrating condition, but with the help of the patient, a doctor can treat it. I have treated my patients with all the drugs you have mentioned by managing the doses, but I always ask my patients to do meditation that would help the most in this ...  Read Full »

Please suggest the dosage of Pregabalin for fibromyalgia.

Query: Hello doctor, My sister takes 225 mg Pregabalin for fibromyalgia at 7 PM, but it is not giving any relief from pain. She has severe back pain. We tried another 150 mg at 10 PM and the pain reduced fairly. What is the right dose and at what time it should be given? I am attaching her medicine list fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, if that much dose is not effective in fibromyalgia you ought to change it. I understand she is on Quetiapine and also on Effexor (Venlafaxine). I understand that they started it for depression or bipolar disorder. Well, the other drugs you can consider...  Read Full »

What is the difference between fibromyalgia and amplified musculoskeletal pain syndrome?

Query: Hi doctor. Are amplified musculoskeletal pain syndrome and fibromyalgia the same thing? If not, what are the differences between them? My current medications include Topamax, Neurontin, Cyproheptadine, Zyrtec, Peppermint oil capsules and vitamin B2. Thank you.  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that causes pain, stiffness and tenderness of the muscles, tendons and joints. Fibromyalgia is also characterized by restless sleep, awakening, feeling tired, chronic fatigue, anxiety,¬†depression and disturbances in bowel function. Fib...  Read Full »

What is the correlation between fibromyalgia and disc bulge?

Query: Hello doctor, I just want to confirm with you that fibromyalgia does not cause bulging discs. My workman's company blamed my fibromyalgia for disc bulging because in the past I have had headaches and neck pain with my fibro. The bulging disc pain was within three hours (numb, hurting, tingling a...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. Fibromyalgia is still a less understood illness with pain and discomfort involving muscles and bones and the main feature includes that it is puzzling or difficult to identify. It is elusive a...  Read Full »