Q. Please advise on my foot x-ray.

Dr. Lokesh
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 22, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2020

I had a fall from a stool almost eight to nine days ago. Since then, I had a foot swelling on the right leg. As I could not get an x-ray at that point of time, it was not diagnosed. I considered it as a sprain and used some natural oil massages and scrape bandage for a while. So, the swelling has gone. I am walking with little limping. However, I have some pain while pressing hard or while doing oil massage and while walking. Today also, I had pain while walking. So, I decided to take an x-ray to check whether it is a fracture. Let me know how to manage. I am enclosing the x-ray for your reference. Please let me know your advice and help to deal with this. Thank you.

Dr. Lokesh

Orthopedics And Traumatology Spine Health Spine Surgery
#

• It is not much displaced and so, it can be managed nonoperatively.
  • You will either require a plaster cast or you can wear an Aircast boot. Apply ice packs for now two to three times daily till you apply the plaster cast.
  • Do not take weight over the right leg for at least six weeks. After six weeks, an x-ray needs to be repeated and further course to be decided after seeing the x-ray.
  • I suggest you the following medicines. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  1. Tablet Lanol-ER (Paracetamol) as and when required for pain after food, maximum thrice daily.
  2. Tablet Shelcal-CT (Calcitriol) once in the morning and once at night before food for three months.
  3. Tablet Vitamin D 60 k units once a week for eight weeks.

Trivial injury.

Conservative management.

Do not put weight over the right leg for six weeks.

Revert back after three weeks to an orthopaedician and traumatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

|